+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I think in the finale the car-seat guy has no competition. The other three inventions are just toys, his- life-saving device,

Good point Krom. I hope it can be worked out somehow.

I liked this episode, why didn't more people watch?
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

FORT Fogey
    there is absolutely no way the bike, fitness and game invention would beat out the car seat. It is so obvious who america is going to vote for.

But i agree with one of the posters, the car seat is such a good idea but doesn't look too pratical, Maybe for SUVs. It stills requires a look of work.

It's hard enough to strap a squirming kid into a regular car seat--how to you stuff him into one that rotates?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Okay, so I lost interest in this show and haven't been watching, but I did see the initial viewing of the car seat. My first thought was "good idea". My second thought was "is all that swinging around actually good for a baby's brain?". Since I haven't been watching I don't know what modifications may have been made to this thing, but since babies brains aren't as tightly packed into their skulls as adult brains are (hence, shaken baby syndrome), wouldn't this affect them negatively? Does anyone know if this would/could be the case?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I would have liked to see it tested with an actual child, too. It doesn't make sense for him to win without having even tested it on his target audience.

FORT Fogey
    maybe they will test it in the next round. I hope he tries it on his won kid first. It is a very good idea, i am just nor so sure anymore after seeing the crash test

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Okay, so I lost interest in this show and haven't been watching, but I did see the initial viewing of the car seat. My first thought was "good idea". My second thought was "is all that swinging around actually good for a baby's brain?". Since I haven't been watching I don't know what modifications may have been made to this thing, but since babies brains aren't as tightly packed into their skulls as adult brains are (hence, shaken baby syndrome), wouldn't this affect them negatively? Does anyone know if this would/could be the case?
    Excellent point Rattus! I am wondering now if it is a good idea to have it spin all the time.

FORT Newbie
    The toilet seat filtration thing never should have made it past the first round. What does it do that just simply closing the toilet seat wouldn't do? I don't see it as having any benefit at all and the fact that the judges never made mention of this obvious error in the concept may speak to their level of competency...

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    Yeah, in the crash-test dummy test, it looked like the little dummy's head was flopping around a lot. But I totally called that one to move on, anyway.
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast