+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The bike is cool with the way you can take off the front. It seems like with some more dollars for R&D they could make a kit for other bikes.

Why is the female judge deciding all by herself?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Why is the female judge deciding all by herself?
    Each judge gets three inventors to mentor each week...last week was Ed's turn. They have to make the decision alone.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I guessed wrong! The bike makes it into the finals...cool.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I missed the end . So the bike made it? I never would have thought that.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    No, that's all me . Hubby has brief flashes of rare genius while I'm on the cutting edge of geniusness all day, all the time.
    You ARE a genius!

Sorry for leaving in the middle of the show/chat but my niece needed to use the phone.

The bike made it, yes. It's the most money they could make I guess. I didn't see the segment myself but just the part where Mary Lou tells him he won. Bet they'll show it again though. lol
    Last edited by CupidGuest; 04-27-2006 at 11:51 PM.

Watching on tape.

Matt Ga-who? Oh, this show has a host! I forgot!

So we start with a "Worst of" show? Blech. Do we need Space Beetle Man again? Or Shapoopie? Or ToeJam (TM) ? Or Truck Drivin' Christine? Or "No, It's A Wand" guy? Scary Robo-Pet Petter? Car Suit guy?

Bladder Buddy guy "won" as worst? What a waste of an hour. Oh look. Now the REAL show!

Inconvenient But Clever Portable Gym Guy vs. Scary Multicultural Doll Lady vs. Nerdy Looking Dangerous Bicycle Handlebar Thing With A Tearjerking Heartwarming Story Guy

I LOVED that portable Gym thing. I hope this guy wins.

Here comes Naya! She's got a lame song! Here comes Naya! Here comes Mary Lou Sob-Rag! Cry and get her support! (that one's for Francisco)

Aw. Poor Jerry can't reach his support system. Aw! But nice editing to make it seem like Mary Lou was dead on with her "stay in charge" advice.

Hey Doll Lady. Maybe those kids aren't having fun because the song is lame!

Handlebar Bike Guy is having fun. Just wanted you to know!

Uh oh. Jerry screws up bigtime with zero prep for his video. Bad Jerry! Bad!

Man, "Miss Darla" was scary when talking to those little girls! She bugged out her eyes! But to her credit, she leveraged her money well, though, to make that whole line of products. But it IS just a doll.

Jerry's tape SUCKED from what we saw. Very amateur looking. Although I'm supposing that he was given no choice by the producers but to show the little accident with that guy. And by the end he seems desperate. Ew. So much for Jerry.

Franciso and his weird bike up next. And the painfully revealing video zaps him almost as bad as Jerry. But not AS bad, because by the end the people learned how to use it.

Weird ass bike wins. Perhaps less dangerous than before, but still a bit nerdy and it may cost consumers more than they want to pay.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm not buying all these stories about investing 20 years and tens of thousands of dollars. Niya? I'll bet she THOUGHT of it twenty years ago and has toyed with the idea off and on but I doubt it's a been a heart-wrenching 20 year journey. I think everybody's exagerating how much they've put into this.

Bike guy - I figured he'd be advanced. But I'm concerned about the safety factor. I just don't see how you can steer effectively with the weight on the front and the person steering (it's the person in the front, right?) being in such an unusual position. I hope the price won't be too high since tandem bikes are a lot safer and aren't that expensive.

I felt sorry for Jerry when the equipment broke. I'm sure he HAD to include it. He was terribly desperate in his plea, though. And he shouldn't have trashed the other competitors. (I think the equipment hit the poor guy in a more sensitive spot than his head.)
    What?! Am I still here?

FORT Fogey
    You can pack an exercise band in your suit case and couple that with some sit ups, lunges and push ups and have a decent workout while traveling. You could even take an exercise ball & pump if you were willing to inflate and deflate it. And that is much less work than assembling this equipment.

A doll is not an invention and I agree with Krom and wendiness. The woman is creepy with her bugging eyes and lame song. Not buying the 20 years of her life to think of something already on the shelves, either. She just wished the talking dolls said something else. We know thousands of black girls are dying to learn 4 words of Swalhili from a toy.

The bike. Well, maybe but who is if for? If produced, it will be very expensive as all things are that are not made in great quanity. I bet it will cost as much as two bikes for that family that cannot afford two bikes. You really want to ride around with someone sitting in your view or on the front for that matter? I don't see it.

This show has an odd format. Would the doll or portable exercise machine stand a better chance against one of the other competitors? How are these groupings chosen? Would the bike win against the door clip and Flushpure? Shouldn't they all be competing with the entire group?

What is with seeing these auditions for the third time anyway? Once is enough.

Just for the record, I would have bought the car air conditioner for dogs in a heartbeat.

FORT Fogey
    I think the bike guy made because of his story. i don't think it is that good of an idea. it's a little hazardous.
    There come nila. Oh my god! the sings the recording studios kind of didn't like the song, neither did i, but i like the global appeal.
    The gym guy, well there are enough gym stuffs on the market right now.

i am still looking forward to seeing the kid car seat guy next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast