+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    There is already a one-man plastic sand bag filler for sale. It's the gobagger. There is a website for it as well as an article that was published on the device from 1999. The thing is very similar only shorter (and it looks easier to use). No wonder Mr. Arrogant was so adamant about not changing his design. He probably already knows he would be infringing on someone else's patent. Doesn't ANYBODY do their research on this show? I do not foresee a season 2 in this show's future.

FORT Fogey
    He was adamant that his shovel have no other uses than to save lives. Actually his product saves property, not lives. The point of sand bags on your house is to prevent flooding, usually no more than 2 feet or so. You would not sand bag to the roof line and hole up inside, for cryin out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by cburtt View Post
    There is already a one-man plastic sand bag filler for sale. It's the gobagger. There is a website for it as well as an article that was published on the device from 1999. The thing is very similar only shorter (and it looks easier to use). No wonder Mr. Arrogant was so adamant about not changing his design. He probably already knows he would be infringing on someone else's patent. Doesn't ANYBODY do their research on this show? I do not foresee a season 2 in this show's future.
    I googled the Gobagger and now that I've seen it, I have to agree that it's smaller, more efficient looking and probably easier to use. The main problem I could see with the Shovelmaster was that there was no way that I could see to keep the bag on the end of the shovel while you were shoveling. That's where changes to the design would have come in and those designer he fired probably saw this and that's why they suggested tweaking. And it was huuuuge too.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Yikes! It IS the same thing. Hmmm. I'm thinking the Gobagger people are keeping quiet right now because all of this is good advertising for this type of product. Now that the "inventor" is out, they'll probably make some noise.

I think it's incumbent upon the producers of this show to do a little research and make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen.
    What?! Am I still here?

Uneducated inventors Beware.

Each contestant should provide a current "patent search" results document (approx. $400 Cnd.) at the time of their audition. This is the very basic needed to be done to determine patentability.

Inventor's beware.
    As soon as an invention idea is exposed on this show it loses it's ability to be patented because it has become "knowledge in the public domain". Unless they have already applied for a patent, I doubt any protection for their ideas is covered in the "secret contract" with the show's producers. Only inventions that are already patent pending and moving along the prototyping stage should make it to auditions for a chance at 50,000. If the prototype is completed already, then 50,000 can go a very long way toward targeting proper marketing and distribution channels and packaging. This is to protect the inventors and ensure no infringements upon other inventions already out there.

I had high hopes for this show (saw only episode 3) and even though I have only been following it on this site (thanks Waywyrd & other post-ers), I am disappointed with how it has evolved. A show like this could have been done so much better and helped educate.

Look forward to the reunion show in a couple years following the rejects to see where they wound up. American Sob Reunion Tour

FORT Fogey
    i am sorry but this show has become a trainwreck

I was really disappointed in the Sacmaster guy. They give him $50,000 and he doesn't even spend half of it!! Looks like the judges blew it when they let him pass from the first round. His invention was never meant to be part of this show. He just wanted marketing publicity from the show. Too bad, he could have easily won of the three if he had spent the money or listened to the focus group.

I can't believe Mark and his Sackmaster were defeated.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Quote Originally Posted by SentFromHeaven View Post
    I can't believe Mark and his Sackmaster were defeated.
    I think they knew a lot of people would be surprised and that's why they showed so much of him doing idiotic things. He wouldn't listen to anyone who tried to help improve his product, spent money on a suit. I think he had this in the bag (so to speak!) if he had done anything at all to work with the people. He would have advanced to the finals for sure. It seemed like Ed was surprised too. I bet he was the early pick to go forward. Pride goes before a fall and he sure had lots of pride.

It seems to me the Sakmaster was a finished product (except for the strap)complete with packaging. He still had another 30,000 left to market the product. He didn't need to advance further.

However, I can't see the mass appeal of the football catching vest.
    Rozzie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast