+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pattycake View Post
    Well dogbat it is time for me to come clean! I am the wife of the inventor of the solar polar rock and roller and it is sitting here right next to me. I live in earthquake country and have the highest electrical bills in the nation. I assure you that the SPRR works and works great. I am a woman and can pick up the cooler with two hands with ease it also has a handle that enables it to roll. During the Big Bear Quake, 3 years ago, we were without power for 12 hours. We had the radio running with all the information about the devestation and, since we are Californian, we whipped up a batch of margaritas with the 110 inverter.Our neighbors greatly enjoyed it. We also went camping with it many times and charged our cell phones with it. Also as far efficiency. This cooler will hold power for up to 7 days on 1 single day of sun! (probably longer but we only tested for 7 days). We also have a sail boat and let me tell you to have power in the middle of the ocean is the best. I can assure you that it is a marvel and ingenious. A grand solution to a major problem . . . Global Warming. I am very proud that my husband did not succomb to the bull**** that the show has become. He was a class act in a farm full of funnies!! So to make no mistakes The Solar Polar Rock and Roller works great, has worked great and will continue on to a market place that just can't wait to have one since I have been receiving e-mails from around the world (China, India, Germany, Dominican Republic) asking for information and a real want. Sorry I was surrepticious about my identity. I had to for the show as we all signed contracts, but now that our part is over I want everyone to know what a great man, husband and father Dwight Sloan is. He is successful and together and that is the reason why IMHO he is not in the final 12.
    Kathy Sloan
    I stand corrected. EXCELLENT! You may have gotten the exposure you needed to take off. I hope so and wish you well. My son has no power and uses solar for his entire house. I wrongly assumed, knowing his set up, that the cooler would be expensive and heavy. Good for you!

And I so agree with you about the sob stories. Since when does a tough life superceed a patent worthy product?!

Break up your long posts with paragraphs so more posters will read them. I give this suggestion lovingly. Many of us message board regulars tend to skip ones that are not easy to read because we read so many threads on a daily basis. I will get responses from those who do, of course!!
    Last edited by Dogbat; 04-14-2006 at 10:04 PM.

You know, I forgot all about the solar cooler and must have missed it when watching the show Thursday (also flipped channel to Survivor)... I can't believe they didn't pick him to go through... I also said this about Mark Major - He invented something for himself and for others who need this and they said NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    Thanks CupidGuest!

Aren't these kind of dolls already on the market? Oh, well...
    You're welcome. Actually, I liked the doll because I like to read and collect stuff. lol But the blilingual dolls are not well made and speak only Spanish.

I thought the cooler was a great idea! For someone who hunts, camps, fishes etc. it would be great; as well as anyone just going on a picnic.

The solar panel is built into the lid right? To make it lighter, could you use a roll out solar sheet? Just a thought...........

I too am disapointed that the judges based their decisions on who bawled the most. 'He really cried alot, lets put him through' What a load of crap!

Most likely I'm not going to watch next week. I'm only interested in seeing inventions, I would like to see the final 24 given some money to come up with new inventions to see how creative and innovative they are. Then in the final round the 12 finalists think up brand new inventions again.

It's boring to see the same inventions (improved or not) and hear the sob stories again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay118 View Post
    Most likely I'm not going to watch next week. I'm only interested in seeing inventions, I would like to see the final 24 given some money to come up with new inventions to see how creative and innovative they are. Then in the final round the 12 finalists think up brand new inventions again.

It's boring to see the same inventions (improved or not) and hear the sob stories again and again.
    Kay, I like your idea a lot. Hopefully, Simon will see it and incorporate it into the show!

FORT Fogey
    Just because someone had a brainstorm and created a great product does not mean that they are able to just turn them out willy nilly. Usually, inventions are born out of necessity in the inventors life.

FORT Newbie
    does anyone know when the next auditions are? I HAVE to get on there!!

Quote Originally Posted by xdreamer03 View Post
    does anyone know when the next auditions are? I HAVE to get on there!!
    Xdreamer, I haven't heard if they're going to do another American Inventor. There's nothing on ABC's site about it yet.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

pattycake, I think your husband's invention is excellent, and if you read a prior post of mine, you will note that I requested of Canadian Tire that they stock this item when it comes available on the market because I WILL buy one.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast