+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Last night was the first time I watched the "American Inventor" episode.

I wasn't too impressed. Too much snobbing for my taste.

From the 12 finalists I missed the "here comes Niya doll" woman.

Can someone tell me what's the invention is about? Just curious.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    Last night was the first time I watched the "American Inventor" episode.

I wasn't too impressed. Too much snobbing for my taste.

From the 12 finalists I missed the "here comes Niya doll" woman.

Can someone tell me what's the invention is about? Just curious.

TIA
    Hi Justafan1,

The doll speaks words in English, Spanish, Swahili? ... maybe one or two others. It's a multilingual doll. It counts 1 through 10 etc.

FORT Fogey
    Thanks CupidGuest!

Aren't these kind of dolls already on the market? Oh, well...

I think the best part of American Inventor is over. The auditions were fun. Anything from this point forward it rather boring. They should just have a show about inventors showing their inventions - good and bad.
    What?! Am I still here?

FORT Fogey
    What on earth does a sob story have to do with a patent worthy product? It makes me think the story is going to win and not the invention itself.

They got 50k and the final reward is 100k so I have to assume the winner is announced next week with no further eliminations.

Not sure who will win but I know who won't. The portable gym is just not practical nor is the bike. The doll doesn't strike me as unique either. How many kids speak Swahili or care to learn it? There are dolls who speak Spanish and English already.

So many seem to love that door clip. Mystery to me. Lean forward and hold the door or just give someone trying to enter the heads up you are there. Worst case senario, another woman may glimpse you on the toilet. So what?

FORT Newbie
    This is the last time I will ever watch this show. What an abomination! Why did we have to see the ricdiculous inventions that were turned down for the first half hour? They could have taken that time to let the final 24 have their
    15 seconds of fame. I also have to say that the one invention that could help everyone was rejected with only a few clips. The Solar Polar Rock and Roller. This invention could help everyone in the world. Solar energy is the way to go. This product had it all except for a crying inventor who didn't seem to have a bad life. I thought the guy was classy not to sell out and sob. IMO the only person who had a right to get teary eyed was the car seat guy. It is not the natural order of things to lose a child before yourself. The rest of the crying babies were all crying about their bad choices. Unemployed, Foreclosed upon, broke beautiful eyelashes falling on white paper. I may be heartless but what the hell does that have to do with the next great american product?
    Every one of those final 12 were a hard luck crying mess. Is this what America has come to? Where the losers ,YES, losers are held in high esteem for contributing just a little bit. Mediocrity is the bane of our society. The bike is dangerous and not good for children. But he is an inventor. The Niya doll is not even unique or new. Dora the Explorer, Chatty Kathy! The pad is usefull for some but I don't even see the major need for it. The pool noodle guy, oh come on!! I have never played football and the majority of people in the United States have never played competitive football. Where is the market but that man "Didn't Care" about his house or his 5 kids or forclosure or losing his job…PLEASE! The bathroom door hook!! China is so laughing at us right now. The next big thing is the bathroom door lock? The easy Ex thing is downright unrightable. I am not going to take my weights on vacations with me are you going to pay price for this to be flown to Hawaii? But he cried 24/7 and gave a true salute!! Make me gag! The umbrella is available right now at Sharper Image. The toner belt I just don't what to say about that one! And so on and so on. IS THIS THE BEST AMERICA HAS TO OFFER? No,
    it is the best that American Inventor has to offer a bunch of crying hard luck cases who have mediocre ideas at best.

FORT Fogey
    The solar powered cooler is great in theory but it would be large, heavy, very expensive and not efficient with the technology that is available at this point.

FORT Newbie

The Solar Cooler

Well dogbat it is time for me to come clean! I am the wife of the inventor of the solar polar rock and roller and it is sitting here right next to me. I live in earthquake country and have the highest electrical bills in the nation. I assure you that the SPRR works and works great. I am a woman and can pick up the cooler with two hands with ease it also has a handle that enables it to roll. During the Big Bear Quake, 3 years ago, we were without power for 12 hours. We had the radio running with all the information about the devestation and, since we are Californian, we whipped up a batch of margaritas with the 110 inverter.Our neighbors greatly enjoyed it. We also went camping with it many times and charged our cell phones with it. Also as far efficiency. This cooler will hold power for up to 7 days on 1 single day of sun! (probably longer but we only tested for 7 days). We also have a sail boat and let me tell you to have power in the middle of the ocean is the best. I can assure you that it is a marvel and ingenious. A grand solution to a major problem . . . Global Warming. I am very proud that my husband did not succomb to the bull**** that the show has become. He was a class act in a farm full of funnies!! So to make no mistakes The Solar Polar Rock and Roller works great, has worked great and will continue on to a market place that just can't wait to have one since I have been receiving e-mails from around the world (China, India, Germany, Dominican Republic) asking for information and a real want. Sorry I was surrepticious about my identity. I had to for the show as we all signed contracts, but now that our part is over I want everyone to know what a great man, husband and father Dwight Sloan is. He is successful and together and that is the reason why IMHO he is not in the final 12.
    Kathy Sloan

FORT Newbie
    I think the spherical safety seat is genius. Its one of those inventions that can potentially be paradigm shifting. Its so far and away a better solution then existing infant car restraint seats that I don't see how we can ignore it. The big hurdle will be getting regulatory approval. But its simply ingenious.

Quote Originally Posted by ballin1 View Post
    I think the spherical safety seat is genius. Its one of those inventions that can potentially be paradigm shifting. Its so far and away a better solution then existing infant car restraint seats that I don't see how we can ignore it. The big hurdle will be getting regulatory approval. But its simply ingenious.
    Yeah, I thought the safety seat, the solar cooler, and the football thing were the inventions that could use the $50k the most to improve their invention. I guess only two of them had sob stories to go along with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast