+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/30 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    Why is everyone crying over a spelling game?
    Yeah, no sense crying over spelled 'M-I-L-K'.

See y'all next time!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Qboots and everyone!

Tada
    Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    Toe Jam
    That was disgusting!!! Who wants toe jam on their toast?
    I agree... That just makes me think of the jam as blood. Gross. Maybe it could help people trying to lose weight though by killing their appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    That's what men think? Wow, then I'll let you in on the big secret that someone with implants whispered to me once: the reason you get implants, if you are a woman, is to make them bigger!!
    Okay, you have me curious now. What is the reason you get implants if you're not a woman?

Sorry to see the frisbee life saver guy not make it. Thought his invention could have really used the money to improve it.

Hate to admit it but the paper bedding lady probably has a great idea. And with Mr. Know It All's knowledge about paper products they could probably come up with something better than diaper liners.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    She wants to make the bed out of paper so it will biodegrade. But then of course you'd have to cut down trees to make those beds... .
    Not to mention the other environmentally unfriendly byproducts sent into the environment.
    What?! Am I still here?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpep View Post
    The plate is ridiculous. Food and juices will fall through the hole.
    I agree.

What's with the little sling thingy anyway? I think it's over-engineered. Wouldn't a simple hole in the plate be enough? The tapered cup would slide into the hole.

And don't they already make a plastic plate like this?
    What?! Am I still here?

FORT Fogey
    I came to post the same thought. A hole in a plate to hold the cup is all you need. Reinforce the hole with plastic so it would be easy to lift the cup in and out. Obviously this plate is for foods that are not runny or say, radishes or olives that could escape when taking a sip.

I think his idea of having the spiral bottom in the hole, that retracts when the cup is removed, is to eliminate the possiblity that you would lose some of your dinner when taking a sip.

Wendiness, not sure what you mean. Any body fluids quickly degrade and are environmentally friendly.

I am tired of the tears. Quitting ones job or selling the family jewels to develop a game is way out of kilter.

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    As a teacher, I would defnitely buy this game then if it's a spelling game. Anything also to keep my nephew and niece away from the computer...like I am on now...
    It isn't really a spelling game, although that's how it was presented. All it does is picks a letter that the players use to start a word (or did it actually give the word--I'm a bit fuzzy on that point,) and acts as a timer. It doesn't check the spelling of the word. Apparently, that is left to the players, which reminds me of my all-time favorite sign. One side said "Car for sail" and the other said "Car for sell."
    I could just picture two intellectual giants arguing over which was correct, and compromising by using both variations.

selling the family jewels
    Who did THAT?? Rings, necklaces, brooches, I can see, but NOT THE FAMILY JEWELS!!
    Last edited by Newfherder; 03-31-2006 at 09:14 AM.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

For the plate, why not have a paper cup holder (like a CD-ROM/coffee cup holder in a car) that slides or flips out from the bottom of the plate. Glues on, easy to add to the assembly lines since you don't have to change the original plate design.

Or have a reusable plastic plate that fits under the paper plate with the cup holder.

+ Reply to Thread