+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite inventions?

My favorite so far has got to be the fart pad. I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard. I was screaming at the tv "It's a fart pad?!?!" WTF?

My cat thought I was having an episode. No, not a "episode"... a episode.

FORT Fogey
    I missed the first show and first half of the second. Can someone explain the sand bag shovel for me? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    Can someone explain the sand bag shovel for me? Thanks.
    I looked for a picture but can't find one...it was a large plastic shovel with a hollow handle. A sandbag was attached to the end of the handle so when you scooped a load of sand, you could tilt it up and it would go through the handle and fill the sandbag. It saved the step of someone holding the bag open while another person shoveled the sand into it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey
    Thanks. Sounds like a great tool. I live on an island off the coast of Florida and many people around here would buy that.

FORT Newbie

MY favorite did not make it through

If you remember from the first show. There was a lady that had a child that had moderate retardation. She made a invention of a puppet and video to help children with special needs learn social skills. One of the Judges tried to change the vote. And they got into it about it. I just want you to know from a mother with a child with special needs I think this is something amercia really needed. There is a climbing amount of children that are getting diagnoised with metal retardation. I really hope her product makes it to the shelf and she dont give up. But what made me angry was on the last show. A lady came in with an invention for a wig. Something to keep the head from sweating. And she aimed it mostly at people that have lost their hair due to cancer. I thought it was great. 2 of the judges disagreed. But then the lady judge fought so hard for them to change there mind. Because this was something that could make a person with cancer feel more comfortable. And she said how american inventors needed inventions like this. I could not believe my ears at how she was fighting so hard for this but would not fight for the mentally retarded kids and a way that could possibly teach them better social skills. It really angered me. Not that the women with the wig idea went threw I was happy about that. It just made me mad that she fought for one and gave the same reason the guy gave as to why he was fighting but it was different because it was something she believed in. You would really understand what I mean when your life has been touch by a special person. And they do struggle with social issues.
    Just thought I would vent. Thanks for listening. I can say that the puppets and tapes were my favorite so far so sad to see that it did not make it thru. I hope they do a wild card and bring her back into the show.

to the site Jasonnterra

I really liked the package the woman you'te talking about came up with, but as I said in another thread, I can see why they didn't let her through as she has all but got the product complete and admitted she was using the show for PR.
    It's a great product though imo and I really hope some company will put it into production.

I'm pretty much with the rest of you in terms of favourites so far.
    Thought the sandbag shovel was excellent as was the toilet door holder.
    The best ideas are the simplest and both of those are so simple you have to wonder why they haven't been in production for years.

I'm buying one of those toilet door holders if they are ever manufactured.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    I really liked the bathroom door clip! Simple, cheap, useful...pretty cool.
    Perfection is just fine by me!

FORT Fogey
    I wish someone would invent a simple workbook for basic grammar. There are way too may people, high school graduates even, that cannot master a simple phrase. "I hope she don't give up." "He don't got no". "Me are her went to the mall". It sets my teeth on edge.

I loved the 'Walk Buddy'. That was so funny. 'It's a stick?' 'No, a wand'
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

I sure could have used one of those plastic bathroom door holders today...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast