+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers** - It's Simon-a-rific!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Are you mocking a child? I really thought he'd get 3 judges on his side.

OK, who's up for watching this next week?

Count me in. I'll be watching! I may DVR it though so we can forward through the tears and commercials! Oh and Qboots, I love your icon, it brings back a lot of memories for me, like the memory of the very first concert I ever went to with just my galpals at the time and not my parents! We made bobby a string of love beads and had seats close enough to the stage to actually hand them to him. We nearly died when he actually put them on! Oh to be 15 again!
    Last edited by realityaddict06; 03-18-2006 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
    brett72
    Thank you, applesauce!

One other thing I thought odd was that the show kept telling us how they are looking for the next great invention that will change the way people live, but it seemed to me the British guy is looking for something that will make him an easy buck.

Lots of cheap novelty stuff has made a ton of money (like those sticky octopus-like toys that used to come in cereal) without changing people's lives one iota.

Quote Originally Posted by brett72 View Post
    Thank you, applesauce!

One other thing I thought odd was that the show kept telling us how they are looking for the next great invention that will change the way people live, but it seemed to me the British guy is looking for something that will make him an easy buck.

Lots of cheap novelty stuff has made a ton of money (like those sticky octopus-like toys that used to come in cereal) without changing people's lives one iota.
    Well, it would change Brit guy's life. Maybe that's his criteria.
    What?! Am I still here?

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Did anyone else think that 14 year old kid with the doggie window fan looked like a young Richard from Beauty & the Geeks 1? I swear they could be brothers!
    I did too! It was almost uncanny, he even started acting like him when he started freaking out that they were saying no.
    Wag more, bark less

I could use the Power Scooper 2000.

This is worse than Cupid. Simply not good enough, Simon. Take your American Idol money and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by realityaddict06 View Post
    Count me in. I'll be watching! I may DVR it though so we can forward through the tears and commercials! Oh and Qboots, I love your icon, it brings back a lot of memories for me, like the memory of the very first concert I ever went to with just my galpals at the time and not my parents! We made bobby a string of love beads and had seats close enough to the stage to actually hand them to him. We nearly died when he actually put them on! Oh to be 15 again!
    Welcome to FORT realityaddict!

I never got to see Bobby in concert, so you are officially my hero!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

As the only living people who don't watch AI, my family found this show pretty entertaining. Won't be watching it with you-all, but will enjoy reading your comments later! Very funny!!

My boys liked the bike seat idea, but said it needed to be removable. Otherwise, why not just by a tandem bike? (oh, yeah, I forgot - cool factor)

I saw the edible snow globe lady on Food Network, too. That thing did not look cute or tasty. But I hate gingerbread houses, too.

I would buy that tree trimmer. Beats the he#@ out of the saw thingy with ropes that I use now. Of course the guy in the tree costume looked unhappy, how would you like somebody picking your apples?

Paper dolls for cars - wooohooo. Up next, "What Not to Wear - Vehicle Edition".

I would buy that tizzy thing for a backyard toy. Imagine - a yard full of kids bouncing off each other like pinballs! I have a neighborhood full of boys who would love it.

Beetle Farm???? I prefer the Roach Motel. Let's put them in the edible snow globe for realism!
    Last edited by cricketeen; 03-20-2006 at 04:53 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg View Post
    dry ice and a battery powered fan?
    It'd be cold, but filling an enclosed space with a small animal with carbon dioxide probably ain't a great way of doing it.

Hopefully he didn't figure that out via trial and error.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tada View Post
    First post in a long time.

I'll definitely be watching this show next week. Wish I could discuss it with you all, but I live on the West coast unfortunately.

P.S. I'd hate to think about how the Tizzy Tube works with just one child.
    With 1 child it no longer becomes fun for any kid and instead because what the judges called it, a childs prison or cage.

If a child is Claustrophobic, the tizzy tube can be traumatizing.

In either case, I call this thing abusive.

+ Reply to Thread