+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers** - It's Simon-a-rific!

So far I haven't seen a good invention or anything I would want to buy.
    I really liked the one-man sandbag filler. When time is of the essence, doubling the rate at which bags are filled can make the difference between a dry house and a flooded house.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

peachroses

Sand Bag Filler

We have had many instances recently where time is critical during flood situations, (very common here in california) and I definately see some emergency units having several of those sand bag fillers. They appeard to be made out of a durable plastic that would not be too heavy and would double the amount of person-power required to get the bags filled. I wish mr. martinez well with his invention. This is one that could certainly save a person's home.
    Because I said so ....

That's the most useful invention from last night's show but I'm wondering if there's already something similar available on the market.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    I really liked the one-man sandbag filler. When time is of the essence, doubling the rate at which bags are filled can make the difference between a dry house and a flooded house.
    I think the sand filler has other possibilities, too. Perhaps you could use it to transport dirt or fertilizer in your yard. It might be helpful in gardening/landscaping projects.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    I agreed with the three judges about the "Tizzy Tube." Why not just lock the kid in a closet while you're at it? It was a little strange to me to see that as a way for the kid to express him/herself because you were taking an out-of-control child and covering them up so you don't see or hear them. How is that expressing themselves? It takes the idea of acknowledging emotions and inverts it, like it's okay scream and cry as long as you hide in a box. Good grief.
    I felt really bad for that woman, because the judges acted like the children were being abused or mistreated, and that's more than a little extreme. I agree with what she said, that her idea came from a loving place, and she is obviously educated and dedicated alot of research to this. I was a psych major but didn't study children too much, but I can see how this concept could be beneficial to children's development. It allows them to vent their frustrations and expend that negative energy in a safe way, instead of throwing themselves all around a room that could have sharp edges and dangerous objects in it, or instead of keeping all their anger bottled up inside and one day exploding. I didn't like the upright plastic one though because it does look too constricting and plastic covering the face is dangerous even with the air coming in from the top and bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I think the sand filler has other possibilities, too. Perhaps you could use it to transport dirt or fertilizer in your yard. It might be helpful in gardening/landscaping projects.

Yes, I agree. Although there isn't much concern here of hurricanes etc. My dad's service group bags sand every year for people to use in the winter time. (back of a truck for weight, traction etc) He liked this idea too.

I will definately be watching next week.

The invention I liked that didn't get passed through was the car decals for special events. The guy was soooo nervous and spoke with a heavy accent and he just presented it really badly.

I agree with whoever said you could use the sandbag scooper in the yard. He needs to design a removeable cap for the open end.

3 clips of inventions that weren't shown last night:

http://abc.go.com/fsp/index.html?cha...ericanInventor

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    It was a little strange to me to see that as a way for the kid to express him/herself because you were taking an out-of-control child and covering them up so you don't see or hear them. How is that expressing themselves? It takes the idea of acknowledging emotions and inverts it, like it's okay scream and cry as long as you hide in a box. Good grief.
    The only time we were allowed to scream was when we were getting the belt which is actually when we would try to hold it in the most to prove how tough we were.
    Anyway, I liked parts of the show...too long to spend watching the whole thing when it's mostly about the inventions they hate and the ones they love. They could have saved most of the crazy ones for later and showed all the close calls. It would have been fun to have the fans discussing all the ones they would have voted for that didn't make it.

FORT Newbie

That sandscooper thing was my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    The invention I liked that didn't get passed through was the car decals for special events. The guy was soooo nervous and spoke with a heavy accent and he just presented it really badly.

I agree with whoever said you could use the sandbag scooper in the yard. He needs to design a removeable cap for the open end.
    I was watching with my husband and daughter, and between the three of us we could think of several alternate uses for it. I liked this show, and intend to keep watching.

+ Reply to Thread