+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers** - It's Simon-a-rific!

I'm still watching this and I guess I don't want to be spoiled, but I just had to say I would totally buy one of those edible snowglobes. I'm such a sucker for craft kits, and making a darling little snowglobe like that - so precious. And you can eat it!

They totally pegged me as a market, although I don't know about buying multiple ones.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I'm in for next week. This show is great Sucks that the Smoking Gun dude didn't get through, though. But I can see why. I guess I just liked him cause he was almost as nutty as me.

Hi, everybody!

I swear I've seen the lady with the edible snow-globes on the Food Network. It was a show about arts-n-crafts type of foods. She was trying to get the product going. I guess it's not going well so far.

Two hours was too long for me. I got bored in the second half. I also wonder how they are going to proceed with the rounds and cuts.

brett72

I enjoyed the show tonight. Some interesting inventions and some really odd ideas. I got a bit weepy during some of the presentations. I too am really curious to see what they do for the next step. I have to admit, I spent all evening thinking up different things I would invent. Can't wait for the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by brett72 View Post
    I swear I've seen the lady with the edible snow-globes on the Food Network. It was a show about arts-n-crafts type of foods. She was trying to get the product going. I guess it's not going well so far.
    On the Food Network, eh? Well, maybe she'll get picked up by QVC or HSN now.

I enjoyed the show more than I expected. I agreed with the three judges about the "Tizzy Tube." Why not just lock the kid in a closet while you're at it? It was a little strange to me to see that as a way for the kid to express him/herself because you were taking an out-of-control child and covering them up so you don't see or hear them. How is that expressing themselves? It takes the idea of acknowledging emotions and inverts it, like it's okay scream and cry as long as you hide in a box. Good grief.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Tada
    First post in a long time.

I'll definitely be watching this show next week. Wish I could discuss it with you all, but I live on the West coast unfortunately.

P.S. I'd hate to think about how the Tizzy Tube works with just one child.

I think I'll tape this again next week while Survivor still isn't on, but honestly I don't think I'd be entertained to watch some of these people who are so sincere and actually have decent inventions get eliminated. It's even worse when you consider how much money and time is tied up in some of them.
    It's kind of fun watching the "You're In" phase though, since I don't feel sorry for the folks with the stupid and weird inventions, or those who really aren't prepared.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey
    how are they gonna be judged in the next round? that's puzzling to me

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    how are they gonna be judged in the next round? that's puzzling to me
    I'm not really sure about that either.
    I'll be watching though as I really enjoyed this first show.

I liked the show and will watch next week. However, I think the pace was a little slow with too much talking/confessionals. Instead I would like to see more inventions (rejected or not).

I felt sorry for Kyle (14 year old) and don't get why the pit/shell bowl made it. Without seeing the actual product, how did the judges know it will work as claimed?

So far I haven't seen a good invention or anything I would want to buy.
    Last edited by Kay118; 03-17-2006 at 12:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread