+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doug Hall - Judge

Doug Hall - Judge

Doug Hall began his inventing career at age 12, inventing and selling a line of magic and juggling kits. After earning a chemical engineering degree from the University of Maine, he joined Procter & Gamble, where he rose to the rank of Master Marketing Inventor -- inventing and shipping a record nine innovations in 12 months.

Hall is the founder and CEO of the Eureka! Ranch, located in Cincinnati, with offices in London, UK and Monterrey, Mexico. The Ranch is an "invention & research think tank" that specializes in igniting bold thinking on new products and services for corporate clients such as American Express, Ford, Nike and Walt Disney. It seems to work -- the Ranch has a world-class 88 percent client repeat rate, and surveys indicate the average American home uses 18 products or services that Hall and his team have invented or reinvented.

Dateline NBC described Hall as "an eccentric entrepreneur who just might have what we've all been looking for…the happy secret to success." His signature dress includes bold shirts, blue jeans and bare feet. But under the carefree clothes and playful attitude is a life member of MENSA and the world's leading expert on how to measurably increase your odds of success with ideas, innovations and inventions. He's a one-of-a-kind straight shooter who helps people reach beyond their comfort zones to achieve more than they dreamed possible.

Hall donates a great deal of his time, talent and money to help entrepreneurs turn their dreams into reality. He's one the country's top speakers on innovation and is the author of four books on creativity and courage. His book, Jump Start Your Business Brain, was a No. 1 national bestseller and named to the prestigious Independent Bookseller's Book Sense 76® list of America's greatest books. He's also a columnist for Business Week SmallBiz, hosts the Jump Start Your Brain daily advice feature on 400+ radio stations and co-hosts Brain Brew Radio, distributed by PRI, where he helps American dreamers and doers win more, lose less and make more money.

In recognition of his success, innovation and his research contributions, Hall has been awarded an honorary Doctorate, the George Land World Class Innovator Award, the YMCA Character Award and the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.

...and surveys indicate the average American home uses 18 products or services that Hall and his team have invented or reinvented.
    Wow. That's interesting...I wish they'd give some examples.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Is this the guy who, on the commercials, asks the inventor if he just invented "the stick"?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I just plain hate him.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I just plain hate him.
    Agreed. I thought he'd be the nice guy based on his profile, but he's the biggest ass there.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Ugh, he's so horrible.

We were in fits when he said he'd put his kids in the Tizzy Tube.
    Who in their right mind would do that?

It was as though he'd stuck his neck out supporting the idea and he was so determined to be right that he was willing to say he'd subject his kids to the tube rather than back down.
    I question whether he's right in the head.

...and surveys indicate the average American home uses 18 products or services that Hall and his team have invented or reinvented.
    I think they said it twice on the show. I'm curious and just wanted to know one example....I googled but couldn't come up with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Wow. That's interesting...I wish they'd give some examples.

Air, water, sunshine, dust bunnies, ghosts, the "missing sock" phenomenon . . .

If his claimed 18 inventions had anything to do with his stint at Proctor and Gamble they were probably related to soap. Is that really something that ties into being an "engineer"? ("I'm the only engineer here.")

If these inventions are legit, why aren't they listed?

I'm also bothered that, on his resume, he lists his role on "American Inventor" as "truth teller". Is that a title assigned to him by the producers? Or a title he invented? Either way, it puts him in a rather lofty position that surely results in arrogance.
    What?! Am I still here?

I like him. Not sure why people think he's a jerk- anyone who takes the time to talk to a kid about not giving up, talks to the mom to let her know she has a great son and tells off that red haired lady is all right by me. Out of all of the judges he is the least annoying, imo.

I can tell the other judges don't care for him too much and I don't like him either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast