+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Gallant - Host

Matt Gallant - Host

With a quick wit, great sense of timing and engaging personality, Matt Gallant brings a vivacious energy and a strong sense of individuality to all of his work. He can currently be seen 24/7 as a host for DirecTV. Armed with natural talent, he also shines as the host of the Animal Planet's popular series, The Planet's Funniest Animals, a half-hour program that takes a hilarious peek at home video clips, bloopers and pet tricks of some of the world's most amusing animals.

Born in Syracuse, New York and raised in Westport, Connecticut, Gallant opted for sports rather than performing. He attended the University of Rhode Island, where he majored in communications, studied theatre and envisioned a career as a sportscaster. He soon began work, however, as a page for NBC in New York City, which ultimately ushered him in to the world of show business. Gallant hired an agent and immediately began landing roles in a string of successful commercials. His big break soon followed in the form of not one but two jobs for MTV -- hosting both the live show Hangin' with MTV, and a magazine-style program for teens entitled Like We Care.

While studying acting with such famous groups as The Groundlings, Joanne Baron, Chicago City Limits Improv and with John Kirby, Gallant continued to add credits to his resume. His other work includes hosting a succession of popular shows such as X-Treme Energy for ESPN2; NBC's Friday Night Video; the syndicated teen show PETV; ABC's Pranks and FOX's Not Just the News -- which provided an entertaining yet educational look at a variety of people and places around the world.

Gallant's additional credits include being a correspondent to Turner's live Super Bowl TV coverage, ABC's Mike &Maty, and The Beef for the Family Channel. He also portrayed Dan in Paramount's feature film Goodburger.

I love this guy...he's one of the main reasons I watch The Planet's Funniest Animals. Well, that and the stupid cat tricks.

He should be a good host with his sense of humor.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I didn't feel as though there was much point in him being there.
    I've seen him on the funny animals show and liked him, but it felt as though he had very little to do on this show and he didn't make much impact.

Seacrest doesn't have much to do on the early rounds of AI, but I still feel as though he makes his presence felt.
    Perhaps this guy will come into his own in later rounds when he'll likely have more to do.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Personally I don't like him on the Planet's Funniest Animals but I've never been able to decide if it's the dialogue he's given to read that I don't like or if it's his delivery. I think it's a bit of both.

Matt

He seems to have that deer in the headlights look about him. Like he's not even sure why he is there.
    He stands there trying to read these people, that for the most part have just had their dreams dashed, and waits to go in for the hug or the "good try" facial expression.

Hopefully he will figure out what he's there to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tvrocks View Post
    He seems to have that deer in the headlights look about him. Like he's not even sure why he is there.
    He stands there trying to read these people, that for the most part have just had their dreams dashed, and waits to go in for the hug or the "good try" facial expression.

Hopefully he will figure out what he's there to do.
    I agree, I think whenever he goes to hug someone, they already have someone to hug. He is no Ryan Seacrest, I can tell you that.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

FORT Newbie
    oh, planets funniest animals host

I cant stand him.

Ive never understood why they need someone to host the funniest video or animal shows. He is not funny at all. Just like Bob Saget.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Personally I don't like him on the Planet's Funniest Animals but I've never been able to decide if it's the dialogue he's given to read that I don't like or if it's his delivery. I think it's a bit of both.
    I agree with you. I think his delivery is his choice and I don't like it!

I love Matt Gallant so very much. Matt Gallant is so funny. I love his sense of humor. Matt Gallant is so hot, gorgeous and sexy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast