+ Reply to Thread

Thread: American Inventor or not?

American Inventor or not?

I just read that this Simon Cowell produced show starts on March 16. I thought they already aired this before but I may be watching a different show. I saw one episode while i was flipping through the channels and piqued my interest. There were I think 4 judges but Simon is not one of them. The inventors show their invention and then the judges make some comments. Then when all contestants are done deliberating, the judges talk about amongst themselves on who they should eliminate. Most of the inventors were men and the one they eliminated was this team of two women. I never saw the succeeding episodes, for some reason I forgot about it. Anyone know what this show was?

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby View Post
    I just read that this Simon Cowell produced show starts on March 16. I thought they already aired this before but I may be watching a different show. I saw one episode while i was flipping through the channels and piqued my interest. There were I think 4 judges but Simon is not one of them. The inventors show their invention and then the judges make some comments. Then when all contestants are done deliberating, the judges talk about amongst themselves on who they should eliminate. Most of the inventors were men and the one they eliminated was this team of two women. I never saw the succeeding episodes, for some reason I forgot about it. Anyone know what this show was?
    "Made in the USA" was the show you saw. I never saw it, but do remember that Joy Mangano was one of the judges.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Thank you. That means Simon Cowell doesn't really have an original idea.

FORT Newbie

Original Idea

I think I heard that there was a lawsuit suing Simon Cowell for stealing the idea.

It's interesting that there are so many shows on. There's a similar show on in Australia. There's a pretty inside look discussion of the issue of Simon Cowell stealing the idea.

I can't wait for the new show. I think it looks pretty interesting and they are doing a ton of commercials for it.
    Last edited by John; 03-13-2006 at 06:30 PM.

I just saw a commercial for it on vh1, but I didn't catch the air date. Probably sometime this summer after Idol's over.

Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby View Post
    Thank you. That means Simon Cowell doesn't really have an original idea.
    And that surprises you?

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister
    I just saw a commercial for it on vh1, but I didn't catch the air date. Probably sometime this summer after Idol's over.
    It starts this Thursday (March 16) on ABC, 8 pm. Premiere is 2 hours.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

So I was way, way off, then.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    So I was way, way off, then.
    Not necessarily. It almost seems like summer outside right now.

I've been laughing at a commercial for this program where one of the judges says: "So. Your invention is a stick?"
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yeah Qboots.. I love that lil teaser when the judge says that. Last night I saw another teaser promo of one of the contestants going ape-shat toward the camera and ranting on about something. I will definately tune in to watch this..I just hope they follow through with showing the WHOLE thing and don't stop the series midway through the season.

Didn't Made in the USA stop showing episodes because of the lacking in viewers? Just one day it was gone.
    I'm sorta getting mixed up.. I think Made in the USA is the one that's hosted by Cliffy (Cheers), right?
    The one I'm thinking about is titled something else.....
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I think the commercials ruined a funny and entertaining show. I will keep watching though, I enjoyed it.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

+ Reply to Thread