+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: AI 15: FINALE WEEK (Tues, Wed and Thurs)

Re: AI 15: FINALE WEEK (Tues, Wed and Thurs)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Thank you, liedenfrost, for all your AI reviews.
    I'm hoping for a Trent win, although I will not be disappointed if LaPorsha takes it. Either way, the grand finale should be quite the event. Box of tissues at the ready.
    I hope Bowersox is there.
    Gutmutter, as usual we are perfectly aligned in our opinions. I also ADORED Crystal Bowersox! Here are my three "winners" who inexplicably (to me) came in second:

Clay Aiken, Adam Lambert, Crystal Bowersox

Like you, I prefer Trent, but this time I think La'Porsha is also quite deserving of the title, and I will not be upset at all if she wins.
    Gutmutter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Ok so this will not be the popular opinion, but I was disappointed to see Dalton leave. I get that the other 2 are technically "better singers" with more of a vocal range. But, I think all across the country there are lots of people out there who can sing really, really well and sing in church, at open mics and karaoke etc. But I can't really picture either of their winning songs on the radio.

La Porsha and Trent are both excellent singers. To be honest, I don't personally enjoy the goaty sound of Trent's voice. But La Portia is a bad-ass, so strong and confident - I love how she calmly stares down the camera when she performs. <Not in a Constantine way LOL> She did better the first time she sang Diamond, but still incredible tonight. So down to those two, my votes go to La Porsha.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I see Dalton as more currently relevant and also striking mad connections with fans. Did you see how the audience really went crazy, especially the girls, for Dalton? I miss the days of Dial Idol, with these new voting techniques how do we really know who got the most votes? I find it really hard to believe that all the crazy teen/pre-teen girls didn't vote like mad for Dalton. Usually the winner has that demographic strongly in play.

Maybe I have a soft spot for him because he reminds me of the late 80s music I grew up with. His "winning song" had kind of a Modern English vibe to it. Anyway, I just had to throw my 2 cents in there to give Dalton some love. Hope Dalton pulls a Daughtry and has a great career despite not being in the final 2!
    I love Dalton! I was very sad that he didn't get to sing his other two songs, and his was the only "Winning Song" I might have considered buying. I like Trent, but to be honest I doubt I'd ever buy his music. I would never in a million years buy anything Laporsha recorded. I can't even listen to her on the TV - nails on a chalkboard. I also hope that Dalton has a great career.
    Cornholio likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by ginger2 View Post
    Trent singing Chandelier gave me shivers---best song of the night without taking anything away from La Porsha because she sang very well too. But for me Trent for the win. I actually liked Dalton's song the best of the ones chosen for the winner, and I hope they let him record it. For whatever reason, La Porsha's voice just doesn't appeal to me as much as Trent's does. Either way, they are both winners and will probably get recording contracts. I'll be sad to not have Idol back next year, though I guess the door is open for it to return in perhaps a different format. TPTB should never have cut the show back so much this year, that's my biggest complaint. Looking back to yesterdays show, it is pretty amazing how it began, grew and became a real hit show. There are lots of reasons why the show has lost it's luster these last couple of years but I have enjoyed the ride. I started watching it second season and never stopped.
    Actually the show has regained some of the momentum it lost during the hate filled Mariah Carey/Nikki Minaj year. That was almost the 2nd year the music died. When two women can disgust the almost dead Randy Jackson, you know something has gone wrong.
    Misty8723 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I did not like that Jennifer was given the chance to pimp LaP by saying she won the round when that question was not asked of the men or after the last round. I did not like that when giving Trent feedback, they mentioned LaP several times as if he was being compared to her...yet did not do that when talking to her.
    Misty8723 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I thought that both Trent and LaPorsha did a great job, and both most definitely deserve to be the final two standing. Going into tonight, I think it's truly up in the air as to which will win, and IMO that's a sign of a great finale.

Personally, I prefer LaPorsha but it's simply a matter of taste. When they perform, I think that Trent is more focused on his voice sounding great, and LaPorsha (while caring about how she sounds quite a bit) comes across to me as feeling the lyrics a bit more. The big difference for me was the If You Don't Know Me by Now / Diamonds round. I think both were handed an easy gimme in terms of songs where you could truly convey feeling. But compared to other versions of that song, I didn't hear the yearning and broken heart from Trent - I just heard a great voice.

Harry talks all the time about understanding the words and conveying the meaning to a song. I've been delighted every time I've heard him talk about it because I think that's one of the things that separates a good singer from a GREAT one. To my ears, LaPorsha conveys that element of performing stronger than Trent does.
    sclilred1 likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I am rooting for LaPorsha, but would be fine with a Trent win. Heck, I wouldn't have minded Dalton winning. LaPorsha seems to be the most comfortable on stage of the three. And I really like her.
    sclilred1 and Cornholio like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I love Dalton! I was very sad that he didn't get to sing his other two songs, and his was the only "Winning Song" I might have considered buying. I like Trent, but to be honest I doubt I'd ever buy his music. I would never in a million years buy anything Laporsha recorded. I can't even listen to her on the TV - nails on a chalkboard. I also hope that Dalton has a great career.
    Do they get to keep their winning song? Just release it later? I think that would be the right thing to do.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I thought that both Trent and LaPorsha did a great job, and both most definitely deserve to be the final two standing. Going into tonight, I think it's truly up in the air as to which will win, and IMO that's a sign of a great finale.

Personally, I prefer LaPorsha but it's simply a matter of taste. When they perform, I think that Trent is more focused on his voice sounding great, and LaPorsha (while caring about how she sounds quite a bit) comes across to me as feeling the lyrics a bit more. The big difference for me was the If You Don't Know Me by Now / Diamonds round. I think both were handed an easy gimme in terms of songs where you could truly convey feeling. But compared to other versions of that song, I didn't hear the yearning and broken heart from Trent - I just heard a great voice.

Harry talks all the time about understanding the words and conveying the meaning to a song. I've been delighted every time I've heard him talk about it because I think that's one of the things that separates a good singer from a GREAT one. To my ears, LaPorsha conveys that element of performing stronger than Trent does.
    Neither LaPorsha nor Trent convey the meaning of song lyrics (to me). Dalton did, and brought me to tears on more than one occasion, and smiles on most of them. To me, THAT is the measure of a great entertainer. It's not about who can hit the high notes or shriek the loudest, it's who moves you to feel something - happy or sad. Neither Trent nor Laporsha did that for me. The only one I looked forward to seeing each week was Dalton. Might not even watch the show tonight - I might wait and watch it On Demand later.
    Cornholio likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Neither LaPorsha nor Trent convey the meaning of song lyrics (to me). Dalton did, and brought me to tears on more than one occasion, and smiles on most of them. To me, THAT is the measure of a great entertainer. It's not about who can hit the high notes or shriek the loudest, it's who moves you to feel something - happy or sad. Neither Trent nor Laporsha did that for me. The only one I looked forward to seeing each week was Dalton. Might not even watch the show tonight - I might wait and watch it On Demand later.
    You should watch tonight to see all the folks that are coming back. It's going to be a pretty special night.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    You should watch tonight to see all the folks that are coming back. It's going to be a pretty special night.
    No doubt I won't be able to resist tuning in - but even if I don't, I WILL watch it On Demand.
    Cornholio likes this.

+ Reply to Thread