+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: AI 15: FINALE WEEK (Tues, Wed and Thurs)

FORT Fogey

Re: AI 15: FINALE WEEK (Tues, Wed and Thurs)

They spent some time with the three biggest nonwinners...Adam, Jennifer and Chris and rightly so. I thought that they at least showed all the winners--except two. Thought that was interesting.

I always thought that they went too big with the background. The early years did look like a high school auditorium, but the last few years the productions got way over the top. I relate that back to when Simon started his US X Factor and the taste level there was atrocious. AI followed that....and they didn't have to.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 04-06-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    Jexter and AcookerTV like this.

FORT Fogey

One thing I miss about the old format and the "high school auditorium" set (I like that!) was that the transition from performing to being in front of a live audience was so dramatic. There were always a few contestants who had great voices, but as soon as they got in front of an audience they quit sounding great. To me, it showed how tough it is to be a performer and that not everyone with a great voice is cut out to be a star. Before The Voice and X Factor, I think the format of Idol was very good for separating the great talent from the good singers. In going from no audience to a large audience, and in theme nights, the cream rose to the top. IMO, the theme nights were huge. There were always a few singers who could nail ANY type of music, and others who had a talent for finding a version of a song that fit their genre.

The new format is nice in that it makes everyone sound good, but I think it also explains why there have not been as many stars coming out of more recent seasons. Without going through all the exercises to measure talent, it's harder for the truly great ones to stand out.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    They spent some time with the three biggest nonwinners...Adam, Jennifer and Chris and rightly so. I thought that they at least showed all the winners--except two. Thought that was interesting.

I always thought that they went too big with the background. The early years did look like a high school auditorium, but the last few years the productions got way over the top. I relate that back to when Simon started his US X Factor and the taste level there was atrocious. AI followed that....and they didn't have to.
    Seems like there were more than two they didn't show??
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

The only ones I didn't see were Candice and Lee, although there were only quick references to some of them.
    https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...n+idol+winners
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Yes...Those were the two I didn't see at all. References to some of the others may have been quick, but they were mentioned. Lee, at least, appeared during the try-outs...but Candice has totally been a no-show.

I LOVE Trent's song and his performance of it. He's my winner for sure. Bluesy, and he sang the stuffing out of it! Great job!
    Gutmutter likes this.

FORT Fogey

Candice's season was one of my absolute favorite seasons of all time. The final group was all women - and they were all really, really great - alone and with each other.

One of my favorite Candice performances
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPWl6VCwX4

Trent and La'Porsha are the final 2, and all is right with the world.
    AcookerTV likes this.

I miss Dalton already. I hope Trent wins, he deserves it.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Anyone know the phone and text numbers?

+ Reply to Thread