+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 3/31 AI 15: Top 4 **West Coast Spoilers...ahem...that's a laugh**

Re: 3/31 AI 15: Top 4 **West Coast Spoilers...ahem...that's a laugh**

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    If you watched the retrospective on the first night of this week, Nigel Lythgoe let it be known that Carrie never lost a week of the voting & that the season was never in doubt. She was the winner from the git go. So, she was certainly the chosen one & continues to be.
    That's been noted before. As much as I liked Bo (and voted for Bo), I was aware even then that the best contestant won. And it wasn't that I didn't like Carrie, so I was happy either way. I've often noted that the one the judges shove down our throats isn't necessarily the one who wins in the end, so we'll see.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    If you watched the retrospective on the first night of this week, Nigel Lythgoe let it be known that Carrie never lost a week of the voting & that the season was never in doubt. She was the winner from the git go. So, she was certainly the chosen one & continues to be.
    I have not watched it yet but plan to. However what I meant was simply based on judges' most notably Simon's obvious preference to Carrie. He named her the winner in interviews well before the season even started. Had Bo swooped in at the end a la Kris Allen then a talented contestant still would have eon. It just would not have been who the judges wanted/thought should win.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I have not watched it yet but plan to. However what I meant was simply based on judges' most notably Simon's obvious preference to Carrie. He named her the winner in interviews well before the season even started. Had Bo swooped in at the end a la Kris Allen then a talented contestant still would have eon. It just would not have been who the judges wanted/thought should win.
    I understand what you are saying & I was all about a Bo/Carrie finale from early on. I saw an interview of one of the other girls that was on that season & she stated flat out that everyone knew from the very beginning that they were singing for second place, no one had any doubts about it. And I read one time that Carrie was getting as much as 40% of the vote when there were still 8 people left.

By the way, Bo will be there & he is performing tonight & he is still singing for Blood Sweat & Tears.

FORT Fogey

I have to mention "the hair". LaP came on with a pretty shade of taupe in a natural style. They colored it black, keeping the natural style, then recolored it taupe and made her sit for 14 (?) hours to weave and braid it. Last night, we were back to dark brown---didn't look as dark as previously---and cut off the weave and braids and made it natural again. What the Heck!!!

I wondered if that was a wig since her hair would have been fried to a crisp by now.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I think you have to enjoy the indie punk pop thing to really appreciate Dalton. I love him, but I also think Pete Wentz is a musicsl genius.

The only reason I hate to see LaP win is thst the judges have pimped her so hard all season. It's like Fantasia all over again. For that alone I prefer Trent, but I think LaP is a lovely and gracious woman who is quite likable.

Now as for the final comment, I think Adam is indeed the most talented contestant not to win Idol. However Kris Allen was no slouch, and he came on at exactly the right time. To me him winning would be like Bo beating Carrie as she was the chosen one but both were talented. I do think Kris was able to benefit from a supportive small town which has always been an advantage for Southern contestants.

Regarding Crystal, I think that was simply America telling the judges to shove it and not give them their way. Simon shoved her down our throats worse than the judges have done with LaP this year. I don't think people were voting for Lee as much as they were against the judges and their chosen one. That was the season of rebellion.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Not quite sure I agree 100% about Crystal and Lee. Something about Lee caught my fancy along the way, even though I started out a fan of Crystal and ended by voting for her in the finale. I think Crystal started out strong, kind of wavered in the middle, and then came on strong again in the finale - if my memory serves me correctly.

Adam and Kris - While I liked Adam personally, I wasn't a big fan of his singing and absolutely hated that he had to hang his tongue out at least once in every song. I'm glad for him that he's done well post Idol, but I don't consider him the most talented to not win. I guess it all depends on your preferred style.
    navybelle likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234