+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 3/31 AI 15: Top 4 **West Coast Spoilers...ahem...that's a laugh**

Re: 3/31 AI 15: Top 4 **West Coast Spoilers...ahem...that's a laugh**

I still cannot like listening to LaPorsha. Her voice sends shivers through me & not in a good way. I just can't imagine sitting through an hour or longer concert by her. I do believe this may be the very first year I have ever rooted for a guy to win & this time I hope it's Trent.

I am really going to miss this show after next week. But, Simon Fuller is not shutting the door entirely, there may be some life left in there somewhere.

Not that Liedenfrost is ever going to see or respond to this, but I see you pointing out singers these kids should be paired with on the finale. I do believe that the show is going to be so chock full of former Idols that there may not be room for any of those folks or anyone else outside the Idol bubble to perform.

I've never been a fan of Laporsha, simply because I don't enjoy the style of music she sings. It's grating to me and I always reduce the volume significantly or mute. That said, I applaud her for having the courage to admit she didn't like the song lyrics and why. Harry has been preaching all season that the artist should connect with the lyrics so for Scott B. to not take that into consideration with Laportia (even after she apparently raised some objections) was not very respectful.

I love Dalton, for the reasons that Harry articulated last night. It's not about having the best vocals, it's about being entertaining and genuine, and because he does connect to the lyrics and make me listen to them as well. I thought he did a very good job with Dancing in the Dark and the best he could on that Tears for Fears song. Definitely threw the poor guy under the bus, but I guess it's always been about who is going to come in third to Laporsha and Trent.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey

I've had such mixed feelings about Dalton all season. I do like that he puts a spin on songs and helps us to hear them in a different way. But his delivery, complete with the way he eye flirts with the camera, comes across as a teen musical to me. Many of the songs he sings I picture being a cheap Broadway revue where they take a bunch of rock and pop songs and work them into a storyline. There are many things about him that seem genuine, but in my mind they compete with some element that just feels crafted and fake. I can understand why he earns votes ... but I can't vote for him myself!
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I wanted to post here last night. I'm glad Mackenzie got the home town visit. It was very touching.
    I'm not a huge LaPorsha fan, but I do respect her vocal ability. She didn't sound off about the song lyrics until JLo asked her to, so I can't fault her there and I agree with her.
    I think the judges' picks have often been a vehicle to shoot a contestant in the foot if they're more popular than the judges' favorite. Pretty clear that was the case last night.
    I can very well believe LaPorsha was in the bottom 2. The judges were shocked and unhappy about it, thus their repeated calls for people to vote. I wonder if they still have that clause in the contract that allows them to pick a different winner than the voters. I wonder if that's ever been used. I have my suspicions. I wouldn't put it past them this year.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Trent has come up fast these last few weks and has been almost flawless. While LaP has been pimped for so long, it seems that Trent has over taken her as the judges' favorite
    TeacherLady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Trent has come up fast these last few weks and has been almost flawless. While LaP has been pimped for so long, it seems that Trent has over taken her as the judges' favorite
    He has become my favorite, as well. I didn't really notice him much until Avalon, whom I loved, was gone. He's my pick to win, but I'm not dissing La'Porsha, a very talented young lady, in the least. Dalton just doesn't appeal to me as a performer, and never has.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I love Dalton's name. He would never need a stage name

I think Trent has a lovely voice and presence on the stage.He should won this, just going by what I have heard.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think that producers are going to push for a Laportia win because for the final AI, she'd be a story. The show would have started with a waitress with a great voice plucked out of nowhere to be a great star, and ended with a single mom who survived an abusive relationship to make a singing career. That's bookends with a story. Trent is a good singer, but he'd be a "nice" winner without a story ... kind of like several from the past whose names I don't remembe as I'm typing this even though I can picture their faces. For the finale, they want a big bang.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

[QUOTE=I don't believe that Ryan ever said that Laporsha was in the bottom two, and I say no way that she was. It's a ploy they've used before to get people voting for their favorite. That's why Harry said something after Laporsha sang to the effect that he knew there were three other people over there, but people better vote for their favorite. Implying, vote for Laporsha.

I don't care if Dalton does remind people of a high school musical or whatever, I find him very entertaining and likeable. Maybe he can do Broadway after the show - other contestants have had success there.

I'm hoping Trent wins. I noticed him during Hollywood week, and he was my early favorite. I don't normally like high male voices, but he seems to make it works and seems more versatile than any of the others.

I did vote this morning, but only 10 for Dalton and 10 for Trent. After the show, husband (who has not been as invested in the show as I have been) asked me if I were going to vote. I said no, I didn't see the phone numbers and I couldn't get up because my cat was on me. So I asked him who he would vote for. He thought about it for a minute, then said "Dalton. I liked him the best."
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think that producers are going to push for a Laportia win because for the final AI, she'd be a story. The show would have started with a waitress with a great voice plucked out of nowhere to be a great star, and ended with a single mom who survived an abusive relationship to make a singing career. That's bookends with a story. Trent is a good singer, but he'd be a "nice" winner without a story ... kind of like several from the past whose names I don't remembe as I'm typing this even though I can picture their faces. For the finale, they want a big bang.
    Well, then, maybe they should go with Trent because they could say the show ended with a waiter with a great voice they pulled out of nowhere. Now whether he becomes a star or not - I actually think he has a better shot at it then Laporsha because he's more versatile.
    Arielflies likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast