+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: 3/24 AI 15: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/24 AI 15: Top 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

IMO Trent won the night. LaPorsha didn't do a bad job but it certainly wasn't mesmorizing. I don't think Sia gave Mackenzie good advice. I didn't care for either of Dalton's performancs. The first one reminded me of a high school talent show and not in a good way and I'm going to assume that isn't what he was trying to achieve.

Ok, I have to say that I have liked Trent ever since Hollywood week and my admiration has grown more and more.
    And last night he made me feel like I used to feel about Clay (sorry I am sure some here don't care for Clay but that is ok).
    Trent made me smile, made me cry, made me want to see him one day in concert just to hear that golden voice and also see his personality as well. I am not sure he can win, but he is my winner this year and I intend on supporting his career after Idol. And I so can see Dalton on Broadway. That is not a dig, but a complement. He has such a wonderful stage presence and is so captivating.
    ginger2 and razorbacker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Helenmaco2 View Post
    Ok, I have to say that I have liked Trent ever since Hollywood week and my admiration has grown more and more.
    And last night he made me feel like I used to feel about Clay (sorry I am sure some here don't care for Clay but that is ok).
    Trent made me smile, made me cry, made me want to see him one day in concert just to hear that golden voice and also see his personality as well. I am not sure he can win, but he is my winner this year and I intend on supporting his career after Idol. And I so can see Dalton on Broadway. That is not a dig, but a complement. He has such a wonderful stage presence and is so captivating.
    The highlighted is the most important thing. So many times there is stated support for one of these kids & then when they hit the market....nothing.....crickets .

Personally, I don't watch these competition shows to listen for the "best voice." That's very subjective unless you are looking for "perfect" pitch or some such thing. I'm not. I want to be entertained, I want to be moved, I want to smile, I want to cry. Which is why I love Dalton so much. Sure, his vocals aren't up to Trent or Laporsha, but I just love watching him and listening to him. Last night was the first time I voted this season and for many seasons past because he moved me with both of his songs and his last song, he actually made me cry right along with him at the end.

Trent was a favorite from Hollywood week, and I would not mind at all seeing him win. He was 10 out 10 last night and he's grown a ton since Hollywood.

Laporsha bores me and irritates me, and a lot of the irritation is the judges' over the top pimping. But, while I concede she is very talented, I don't care for her musical style and I've heard others in that genre who were much better.

MacKensie is okay. I agree that Sia steered him wrong with the falsetto thing. I don't particularly like falsetto, male or female, I'm not sure why the judges swoon over it so much. I also dislike the huge voice belting ballads that are the staples of competition show. Not that they're necessarily bad in small doses, but an entire show of it is just too much. I'm happy for diversity. If the show wanted that type of winner to "bookend" Kelly, they made a mistake of loading too many of the same type of girls (in my opinion).
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    IMO Trent won the night. LaPorsha didn't do a bad job but it certainly wasn't mesmorizing. I don't think Sia gave Mackenzie good advice. I didn't care for either of Dalton's performancs. The first one reminded me of a high school talent show and not in a good way and I'm going to assume that isn't what he was trying to achieve.
    Agreed! Still want to know why they didn't call LaPorsha out for forgetting some lyrics. Oh wait! I already know why.
    Misty8723 and ibot2much like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I'm glad Mackenzie and Dalton made it to the final four. It should give them a push into some kind of career. Winning the title isn't the only option toward success on this show (Clay, Chris Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Adam Lambert).
    waywyrd and Misty8723 like this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I remember when Trent was in Hollywood and he was supposed to follow dr's orders and go home since he was diagnosed with mono. He fought through it.

I have that impression even now...he's fighting for it. I think he said that he didn't want his family to come out as he regards AI as his job and wants to put his all into it. That showed lat night as both songs were perfectly done---complete with attitude and "costumes".

I have liked Dalton to a degree but both songs yesterday were overly emotional...he spoke the words and pushed the envelope on emotion....maybe even causing me to doubt the sincerity of it.

ETA: don't know where else to put this, but I saw Constantine in a commercial with Brooke Shields. It has been on several times and I just now recognized him . He, unlike BS, plays a character, and she just plays herself.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 03-25-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Here is link to Constantine and Brooke ad--he is really good!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYi1...4AE4D&index=14
    ginger2, Gutmutter and Arielflies like this.

I just had a thought (don't laugh). If there are two weeks left, then next week they will have to go from 4 to 2 so the final 2 can sing their coronation songs plus one other so we can vote for the winner. The week after will be the Finale with all the hoopla, no more voting, etc.

It has to go down to two next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Aside from Trent, who was phenomenal, Sia singing was my favorite spot of the night. I'm so glad the world is populated by many different opinions and likes.
    Misty8723 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast