+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 3/3 AI 15: Top Ten **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 3/3 AI 15: Top Ten **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl View Post
    I thought they established tonight that it's her real hair.

They did , she said that her mother was the only one to cut it or even touch it. Don't think they cut it though, only dyed it black. To me it looks much better.

As for Olivia I didn't think she did very well last night at all. The faces on the judges during the performance agreed with me. That is why she went home with Ginna .

This season is so short , they are going down to 6 next week already.

I think Gianna shot herself in the foot when she changed up her look. Las night she was unrecognizable. 15?!? Not a chance...she looked twice that... that jumpsuit and garish red lipstick did nothing for her. I liked the bubbly, curly-haired, fresh-faced, BoHo dressed kid from the auditions. It's too bad they felt the need to change her so much and I really think it damaged her chances of advancing. Hopefully it didn't send the wrong message to other teens watching either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think Gianna shot herself in the foot when she changed up her look. Las night she was unrecognizable. 15?!? Not a chance...she looked twice that... that jumpsuit and garish red lipstick did nothing for her. I liked the bubbly, curly-haired, fresh-faced, BoHo dressed kid from the auditions. It's too bad they felt the need to change her so much and I really think it damaged her chances of advancing. Hopefully it didn't send the wrong message to other teens watching either.
    I agree. I don't think that it was chance that the bottom 4 girls were all women whose looks/hairstyles were changing from week to week. Several of them also had week performances last week, but I posted last week that I thought it was a big mistake to keep changing up their looks from week to week, because people don't know them by name yet, and the pictures for voting didn't look anything like the people who were performing.

I agree with people who have said no more princess dressed for LaPortia. She looked like a blue Glenda the Good Witch.
    Misty8723 and Cornholio like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Oh. I also meant to say that I agree that it's unfair to have the coaches save someone at this point. They kept doing a similar thing on The Voice right up to the semifinals where they'd let the East Coast/Central audience call in to save one of the bottom three, which made me so mad, since we'd already voted for who we wanted. It's a ploy to keep the audience engaged, but it just pissed me off and seemed very unfair.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I agree. I don't think that it was chance that the bottom 4 girls were all women whose looks/hairstyles were changing from week to week. Several of them also had week performances last week, but I posted last week that I thought it was a big mistake to keep changing up their looks from week to week, because people don't know them by name yet, and the pictures for voting didn't look anything like the people who were performing.

I agree with people who have said no more princess dressed for LaPortia. She looked like a blue Glenda the Good Witch.
    With the freaking twister on her head.
    Misty8723 and Gutmutter like this.

Has anyone else noticed that Allsion Iraheta is still singing back up for the Idols? She has been doing it for a few seasons now. It turned into a pretty good gig for her.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    With the freaking twister on her head.
    Count your blessings!

I thought that was Alison with the pink hair. I don't think she sang last year, but she definitely did the year before. Since this is the IDOL nostalgia year, they should acknowledge her...maybe have her and Adam sing a duet.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

We liked LaPorsha's dress, especially when they had the lights on in the background and had the image of the angel wings behind her since it went with her song choice. But we liked the dress regardless of the theme. This is the first my daughter has watched AI with me this year and it was the first thing she commented on. Of course, in her mind there can hardly be anything too over the top. When we watched the Disney special she commented on how much she liked Elton John's shiny jacket and I told her she would have really loved Liberace's costumes. Of course I had to explain who that was but once I pulled up pictures to show her she loved them.

I think LaPorsha's personality can wear something like that, and while it is a sort of costume, it doesn't seem crazy for her to wear, whereas some people would wear that and it wouldn't be authentic. I could never see Avalon in something like that.

FORT Fogey

I recall a couple of very short dresses she wore before she was being styled by AI. In contrast to those looks, what she is wearing now is much better. ...except for the caftan they gave her to wear that first night when she was one of the three who didn't have to sing...thank heaven we didn't see much of it as the caftan was a disaster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234