+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2/17 - 2/18 AI 15: Top 24 Second Half **West Coast Spoilers**

2/17 - 2/18 AI 15: Top 24 Second Half **West Coast Spoilers**

This week is a repeat of last week with the remaining 12 singers. Like last week, they will sing alone on Wednesday then with a mentor/duet partner on Thursday.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 2/17 - 2/18 AI 15: Top 24 Second Half **West Coast Spoilers**

Starting the night out with Shelbie Z. Country singer.
    Count your blessings!

I think my favorite so far is Trent.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Wow! Harry's not pulling any punches tonight, is he?

Barring any big mess ups or amazing rebounds tomorrow night, I would guess that Olivia, Dalton, Shelbie, and Trent will be continuing on the show. I'm not sure who the other three will be. I'm hoping my fellow Utahn, Jenn Blosil will go on, but she sure didn't shine tonight.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Harry's calling out all who are off key! Now, if they let them through after that, just because they might be good tv, I'll be disappointed. It seems that's what happened last week, that they were more concerned about potential ratings over talent. The young guy, Lee? seems like a popular pick. Trent does a good job, and I like his hats! Dalton's rendition of that Billy Idol song was cool - I really enjoyed it.

Do we know who's being matched up with which former winner/contestants? I think Adam and my David Cook would be a fun duo to listen to. Can't wait for tomorrow night!!
    Last edited by navybelle; 02-17-2016 at 11:24 PM.

I like JLo's hair tonight.

Best by far tonight was Olivia, with Dalton next and Adam a distant 3rd. That's it, no one else. Bring back Stephany from last week instead of any others from tonight.
    Gutmutter and navybelle like this.

That's what I was saying last week. I'd rather have Stephany than most of this week's lot.
    Jen B. reminds me of Drew Barrymore, both in looks and spacy demeanor.
    Jezebella and navybelle like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Wow! Harry's not pulling any punches tonight, is he?

Barring any big mess ups or amazing rebounds tomorrow night, I would guess that Olivia, Dalton, Shelbie, and Trent will be continuing on the show. I'm not sure who the other three will be. I'm hoping my fellow Utahn, Jenn Blosil will go on, but she sure didn't shine tonight.
    As to the highlighted, I suspect she will be one of the first to exit stage right.

Last night wasn't nearly as strong as the week before. And tough or not I think Harry was on the mark. There were a lot of really off pitch performances. That poor girl Jeen was pretty brutal, what the heck was she thinking?

I think the best two were the last two. I was pleasantly surprised at Olivia, she was really good. And that Dalton kid is going to be around for the long term. He's too pretty for the girls to not keep voting for him.

I think they will definitely put Tristan through- she seems to be a judges favorite. Jen Blosil bugged me- she reminds me of Joey from last season, only I think I liked Joey better. Jen doesn't enunciate her words- they all sort-of run together and I couldn't tell half the lyrics she was trying to sing. She has a decent voice, but I'm not a big fan of her style. I think Shelbie has a great voice too, but she seems just a little arrogant, like she expects to be there. Usually that's the kiss of death.

I expected them to save the better bunch for last night versus last week's bunch, but most of them didn't rise to the occasion. I agree with the judges about song choice- most of them sang something I'd never heard. It seems to me if you want the audience clapping and singing along and getting behind you, then you would sing something they know. Don't the producers help them out at all with that?

I think the only one I truly loved last night was Dalton. He changed that song up so it was less of a 'head-banging" (for lack of a better word) song and more about yearning. He also has the coolest eyes ever. I've only seen one person in my lifetime with eyes so blue you could almost see through them and that was 35+ years ago when I was in elementary school. I think he's going to grab quite a few votes just for his looks.
    Jezebella, navybelle and Cornholio like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast