+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2/17 - 2/18 AI 15: Top 24 Second Half **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/17 - 2/18 AI 15: Top 24 Second Half **West Coast Spoilers**

This week I really enjoyed Olivia, Dalton and Trent. Lee is very good also for his age. I think Olivia or Dalton will win it all!
    dagwood likes this.

Just saw Shelby's performance. I guess she didn't make it through and she was ROBBED! It seems to me that the judges had already made up their minds that they weren't going to advance her. For me, it was the best performance of the night and her vocals were spot on!
    Cornholio likes this.

Only one going through I would prefer didn't is Manny. I just don't like him.

Love Tristan and Olivia and Lee.

Much better duet work this week. I adore Kelly and Haley. Jordin is always a surprise for some reason. David is graying on the short sides...grow it out, D. Margolis (except for the Queen song) was great as was Daughtry. That was some high moment for Daughtry when Lee wheeled out his wall of awards.

So...they sing for the judges during the Monday hour, four are cut, then the top 10 sing for us on the two-hour Thursday show...is that correct? We vote on Thursday with results next Wednesday? I'm confused, I think.
    navybelle likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Overall, loved the show tonight. My favorites were Shelby (who didn't make it.) Olivia, Trent and Lee, and Dalton who gave the second best performance with Olivia right behind. Loved seeing all the past Idols, especially Kellie, Haley and Constantine. It makes me a little sad to think that Idol is ending after this Season. So many really good artists have emerged from this show. Not all of them have Platinum records but all of the ones on the show are doing well in their own way. So much has changed since the first few seasons, rap, explicit lyrics, some really good music and some real crap. It's a tough business and I'm proud of the idols who have made it through.
    CupidGuest and Arielflies like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ginger2 View Post
    Just saw Shelby's performance. I guess she didn't make it through and she was ROBBED! It seems to me that the judges had already made up their minds that they weren't going to advance her. For me, it was the best performance of the night and her vocals were spot on!
    The whole Shelbie thing is confusing to me. Halfway through last night's show Harry said that she was the only one who did a good job and wasn't out of key, and there weren't very many good performances after that, so I assumed that she'd be going through. It was almost like none of the performances this week really mattered, and they already had their minds made up.

As for Jenn B, her family and friends were talking about her on the news here tonight (out of Salt Lake), and she is apparently a classically who has decide that she wanted to go in a more funky direction, so all of the voice breaks that she does are very much affectations that she does on purpose. I like them to an extent, but I think she needs to not overdo it. Keith is clearly very enamored of her. Harry, it seems, not so much.
    CupidGuest and Cornholio like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Only one going through I would prefer didn't is Manny. I just don't like him.

Love Tristan and Olivia and Lee.

Much better duet work this week. I adore Kelly and Haley. Jordin is always a surprise for some reason. David is graying on the short sides...grow it out, D. Margolis (except for the Queen song) was great as was Daughtry. That was some high moment for Daughtry when Lee wheeled out his wall of awards.

So...they sing for the judges during the Monday hour, four are cut, then the top 10 sing for us on the two-hour Thursday show...is that correct? We vote on Thursday with results next Wednesday? I'm confused, I think.
    No, the judges cut it to 8, we vote back in two to make up the ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    The whole Shelbie thing is confusing to me. Halfway through last night's show Harry said that she was the only one who did a good job and wasn't out of key, and there weren't very many good performances after that, so I assumed that she'd be going through. It was almost like none of the performances this week really mattered, and they already had their minds made up.

As for Jenn B, her family and friends were talking about her on the news here tonight (out of Salt Lake), and she is apparently a classically who has decide that she wanted to go in a more funky direction, so all of the voice breaks that she does are very much affectations that she does on purpose. I like them to an extent, but I think she needs to not overdo it. Keith is clearly very enamored of her. Harry, it seems, not so much.
    I interpreted that statement by Harry entirely different. I thought he was saying everyone was on par except Shelbie who just didn't cut it.

So here are my thoughts. Jordin Sparks did really well as a mentor & I really like that song No Air even if the despicable Chris Brown was involved. A few years back I heard a black female Country artist named Risi Palmer sing that song as a solo & it was absolutely astounding, tears to the eyes good. Better than Jordin I think.

Constantine is pretty phenomenal. You can tell his theater experiences have made him even better than he was during Season 4. A season that he was not going to win no matter what.

I can't believe so many of you claim to not remember Haley. She absolutely should have beaten Scotty McDreery, but the judges lambasted her almost every week. It was sometimes cringe worthy.

For me, the best duet of the night was To Love Somebody (0nce again Jordin was front & center). That placed Trent right at the top for me. I hope he beats the pretty boys in the long run but...well.. they are pretty boys & we know how that goes.

Frankly I'm glad to see Shelbie go. She seemed to have an air of "She desreved to be there" to me.

And I know this is going to sound weird before I even type it, but what the hey! I once knew a girl that could have passed for Emilie's older sister. The same long straight red hair, the same pale skin, only this girl had a real bad case of halitosis & that was all I ever thought of when I was watching Emilie...did her breath stink? Gah I couldn't get over it.

I'd love to see a final three of Trent, Olivia & Avalon.

I fell asleep before it was over... so next week it's on Monday and Thurs? Will that be the new schedule?
    Count your blessings!

On Air Wednesday 8/7c Feb 24; this is from the IDOL homepage, so I don't see a change to the Wednesday/Thursday format for now.

Ahem...it's The Voice starting Monday, 2-29. The Voice takes Monday/Tuesday and American Idol takes Wednesday/Thursday.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-19-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast