+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2/17 - 2/18 AI 15: Top 24 Second Half **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/17 - 2/18 AI 15: Top 24 Second Half **West Coast Spoilers**

Why is it that the judges never like what I do?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fogey

I can't lie, I wasn't paying attention for the first part of the video bit with Hailey. I sat there trying to figure out which of the two of them was the returning idol. That's how non-memorable she was to me.

On the other hand, I'm really impressed with how Kellie Pickler served in the role of duet partner. She did a really nice job with her two of working with them to find a way she could help make them look good. Chris Daughtry and David Cook did that well too, but Kellie was really great about both encouraging and to some degree trying to take a step back to let them shine.
    Last edited by AcookerTV; 02-18-2016 at 10:23 PM.
    CupidGuest and navybelle like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I don't remember Haley Reinhart. I guess she wasn't a fave of mine.

Chris and Lee were awesome. I'm still annoyed that he didn't win.
    Last edited by dagwood; 02-18-2016 at 10:50 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Tonight was good! In general, I think that last week the solo performances were better than the duets, and this week it was the opposite.

I'm loving this show tonight! Daughtry and David Cook are just my all time favorites and I get SO excited to watch them!! My volume can't go high enough.
    Lee was super adorable with how star-struck he was when seeing Daughtry, and they sounded great. These stars seem like they're really giving the contestants their chance to shine, and not trying to out-shine them (at least so far, I'm not done watching yet).
    dagwood and CupidGuest like this.

Jen? Really? She was awful last night. And I just can't stand that squeaky, whiny affect she has.

Loved the shot of Chris running around the room like a maniac when both of his duet partners made it. It was pretty funny.

Bummed that Shelby didn't make it. I really like her.

Really out of tonight, the only one I don't like is Jen. And she is the hometown girl.
    ginger2, CupidGuest and Cornholio like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Yep, Jen is one of those "quirky" picks like harp girl last week, who I believe make it through just for ratings because they think people will tune in to see the weird ones. Or they're making the competition weaker for their favorites to advance....not sure, but Jen is a very questionable pick. I can't see her lasting long.
    dagwood and Jezebella like this.

Not even half way through and I am thoroughly enjoying the show! Love seeing the past Idols. My computer isn't in the same room as the show so I gotta go for now. Will write more later.
    CupidGuest likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Jen? Really? She was awful last night. And I just can't stand that squeaky, whiny affect she has.

Loved the shot of Chris running around the room like a maniac when both of his duet partners made it. It was pretty funny.

Bummed that Shelby didn't make it. I really like her.

Really out of tonight, the only one I don't like is Jen. And she is the hometown girl.
    I liked that, too.

I have mixed feelings about hometown girl, Jenn Blasil. In general, I really like her style, but she wasn't strong enough the last couple of nights to outshine some of those who didn't go through. I, too, was sad that Shelbie didn't make it. I like her, too.

Edited to add:

Are a lot of these guys quite short, or are several of the girls just really tall? It was so cute to see Jordin Sparks singing those romantic duets with guys who were so much shorter than she is. I loved Keith's comment to Manny saying, "I get it. It's like walking the red carpet with my wife."
    dagwood likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Just saw Jenn. When I saw her first audition, I loved her, her look, her quirkiness, her original song ( I think). Since then, she has started to annoy me a little. Something about the way her voice breaks. I don't know if I would put her through now.
    Jezebella and Cornholio like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast