+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 2/10-2/11 AI 15: Top 24

Re: 2/10-2/11 AI 15: Top 24

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I really am shocked about Stephany! I think she has what it takes hopefully she will get a contract she has pop star written all over her! I enjoyed the Fantasia and Laporscha mentoring part and performance. I connect music with the things I have gone through in life and both Fantasia put all of those struggles into their music and you can feel the pain and struggle in their performances. There is nothing like it for me. So many singers can't put half of the emotion into a song and have it be believable. I may be in the minority but I loved it.
    You are not alone. LaPorsha and Fantasia were the absolute best for me. I love it when singers use their lives in order to "feel" the words and both do that in spades.
    Jexter, MsDiva2007 and Kanga like this.

FORT Fogey

I don't think the Wild Card will be used...it was pretty clear that the five are gone

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I thought ALL the stars were selfish! For just one night they couldn't let it be about the AI contestants.

And I'm really disappointed that Stephanie didn't make it through. She was my favorite of the whole 24!
    I disagree about them being selfish at one point Fantasia actually stepped back and let Laporsha do her thing! The point of this was to see if the contestants can hold their own when doing duets and not lose who they are by doing so. some passed and some just aren't able to handle the pressure!
    sclilred1 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think the point was to highlight past Idols' new projects. Some (Fantasia, Lauren) were mature enough to let the contestants have the limelight. Others (Scotty, Caleb) were not. It'll be interesting to see if next week's past Idols learn from this.
    Misty8723 and Thor like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I don't think the Wild Card will be used...it was pretty clear that the five are gone
    The Wild Card probably won't be used -- UNLESS there's a huge outcry from the viewing public!!!! Especially since this is the last season --- I'll bet they'd make an exception if enough people wrote in clamoring for a certain contestant, like STEPHANIE!!!

Don't forget that this season has been drastically cut. The finale is on April 7th so that really doesn't leave room for a wildcard to enter the fray. The judges save has evidently been eliminated (not a bad thing) & since there are so few weeks remaining, once we get to the voting rounds from what I have been reading the first two weeks will both be double eliminations.

I may have to vote this year.
    Count your blessings!

I just watched my DVR of the Thursday (duets) episode, after reading a bunch of critiques online. It really wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. Well, except for Jeneve... She was really THAT bad, but her performance the night before redeemed her. I think I'd have taken James VIII over Thomas, and probably Stephany over Jeneve.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I liked Fantasia better when I saw her this time....and I thought she looked a lot like NeNe.
    I liked her too and I NEVER liked her before. I think maturity looks good on her. And Caleb is now demoted to worst winner ever. Seasons 12 and 3 are still the worst seasons and this one is beginning to look a lot like those. The judges should know by now that the public hates it when they stack the deck. It is so obvious that they want a woman to win, and I hope it backfires big time.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fogey

My two cents - I don't think we can assume the former idols stole the stage from this year's contestants. Producers picked the pairings and I'm sure they picked the songs. And, both past and current had moments in their respective songs to shine. It's just that up against past talent, it wasn't easy for this crop to do - save a handful.

I couldn't stand Caleb, Scotty, and Lauren during their seasons. Both seasons were snooze fests for me, but after watching them on Idol the other night, my mind has changed. Caleb is a REALLY, REALLY good singer. He's up there with Adam Lambert - although I prefer Adam's style, personality and showmanship better. Scotty is far more personable and engaging with age - and he's become quite handsome. And Lauren Alaina can really sing, too.

Caleb, however, redeemed himself the most for me. His and Sonika's duet was my favorite of the night - hand down.

Next were both of Ruben's duets and Fanatasia's and LaPorsha's duets are next.

Ruben, Fantasia, and Caleb seemed to actually mentor their partners. The others just sort of showed up. Could be that comes with age and experience. These 3 have been around a few tracks and know the score.

Anyhoo....Fantasia remains my all-time favorite Idol. I know her voice isn't for everyone but it works for me big time. Kelly Clarkson and Adam Lambert are up there too, with Ruben and Phil Phillips rounding out the list.

Just an observation.....thinking back to season 2 .... Ruben showed up in sweats much of the time and was up against geeky Clay Aiken. When we look at the list of past winners, young, white, skinny, and good looking was not the bar. Maybe some, e.g. Kelly Clarkson and and the Carrie Underwood perhaps but at the end of the day, they have all been excellent singers - and performers and are all over the map physically speaking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567