+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 2/10-2/11 AI 15: Top 24

Re: 2/10-2/11 AI 15: Top 24

When Lauren sang with Mackenzie, she kept the duet part.light so you could hear M's voice. Caleb...not so much singing with James. Selfish.
    justCoz and Imperfect1 like this.

Ryan's been channeling David Hasselhoff this week for sure...

Glad Jeneve made it through. I think her parents are dressing her to make sure she retains her virginity through the show. Poor girl! Looks like Little House on the Prairie/ Annie Oakley! So cute how she was blushing with Scotty.

I was surprised they sent Stephany home. Especially over Avalon? I don't know, Avalon doesn't do anything for me. I understand that she's casual, but she could make a little more effort with her appearance. Next to Rueben wearing a fancy suit and a scarf she just looked like she rolled right out of bed. Don't mean to pick on appearances, but I really like Stephany's voice a lot better and she looked like a star too!

I'm loving Sonika. Gorgeous voice.

Loving Mackenzie and Stringfellow, each quirky in their own way.

Thrilled they sent Jordan Sasser home of the former man-bun home. This guy seems insane to me for some reason and he's been such a screen-hog.

Lauren Ailana was so cute. She was so sweet and positive with the contestants. Sorry to say good-bye to Emily Brooke from my home state!

Do you guys think there is special consideration being given to Gianna because of her mom's relationship with J-Lo?

All in all this is a great season so far. Looking forward to next week and seeing Dalton, Jenn, little Lee, Olivia and Shelbie again! :-)
    mimi, waywyrd, CupidGuest and 2 others like this.

I think they were channeling Fievel Goes West with Jeneve's outfit. Completely shocked Stephany didn't make it.

I like Jeneve's voice and her crazy cowgirl outfits. She reminds me of early K.D. Lang. (The quirky look. The voices are very different.)
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I also like Jeneve of the quirky outfits. Last night didn't showcase her voice at all, which is lovely. I would have preferred Stephanie over Sonika, but it's clear she's the judges' favorite. And yes, Cornholio, I think JLo definitely is pulling strings to keep Gianna. Not much they can do once we start voting. Also glad Stringfellow and Mackenzie both made it through.
    I think the duets this early were a big mistake.
    Count your blessings!

I think they made pretty much all the right choices. I may have added Stephanie instead of Brenda K Jr. though. I sense a bit of fan mom favoritism going on there. I must be on the outside looking in because for me Avalon is the bet we have seen so far. I like the casual look & the great voice to go with it. I am not & never will be a fan of Fantasia, I think the girl is an absolute mess. And her duet with the judges fave of faves was FF time for me, LaPorsha is going to be around for a while & I have to accept that, but I can't get past the sagebrush on her head & the screech of her voice, but she does seem to be a truly nice young lady.

Looking forward to Haley Reinhart & Kellie Pickler next week.
    mimi and Jezebella like this.

I think the duets were designed to showcase the former Idols and not the current contestants. I couldn't fail to notice that most, if not all, of the songs were either current songs or one they had covered on their season of Idol. Most of them did not suit the current contestant, and I thought a lot of the formers didn't do much to help the situation. Also couldn't help notice the judges praise of the formers, while most of the comments for the current were you did your best to keep up.
    mimi, GolfGrrl, libgirl2 and 6 others like this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I only caught the first hour last night, but I agree it seemed to me the former contestants were showcased, at least that's who I tended to pay more attention to. They should have just had a special episode with the former contestants singing a song they sang then or one of their own hits.
    I hope to catch the 2nd hour on demand today.
    Misty8723 likes this.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

FORT Fogey

I also thought that some of the past AI people were stage hogs---Yea you Scottty ---which disappointed me. I thought that Nick did the best with his two kids. He was kind and low keyed.

Apparently, the judges realized that some of the kids were at a huge disadvantage with their "mentors" and just overlooked tha entire performance by putting them through based on the Wed night performance.
    CupidGuest and Misty8723 like this.

I'm pretty sure they had made their picks before they ever hit the stage for duets.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast