+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 2/10-2/11 AI 15: Top 24

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: 2/10-2/11 AI 15: Top 24

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I guess I'd better find some way to like Sonika. The judges want her bad.
    And seriously - Ryan's channeling Hasselhoff.
    The judges may want her but I think America will end up preferring Brenda K Starr's daughter. So far I certainly do. I see Sonika as a Pia -- majorly talented but always choosing the wrong song.

But yes Ryan Seacrest's hair is all kinds of wrong.
    Gutmutter likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

OMG - Jordan (?) was painful!!!! A real clunker.
    Count your blessings!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Right??!!? Did he cut off his talent with the man bun? I loved him up until now, but that was painful to watch. Dude fans are over Celine.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I'm all in for Avalon.

Brenda K.Starr's daughter was just shouting. I don't get the love.

There are really some talented kids this time around. I like the idea of duets but I am NOT looking forward to the return of Fantasia. Good grief. I guess they need someone to screech & overwhelm their duet partner, so hey, why not the screechiest of them all.

I really liked the guys except for Jordan. Awful. And I did like Jenna but tonight she was not her usual self and Emily was off pitch and did not sound good.
    And I myself do not like Gianna. Too much pushing . Strong yes, but not my thing.
    And I found myself coming over to La'Porsha big time. She is so entertaining!!
    Please keep Mackenzie, James and Thomas! Love them!

FORT Fogey

So out of the 12, just 4 were guys. I may have missed it, but did they say that they were not doing even number male and female??

I do not remember the names but just some comments :

Glad that the off-the-grid girl stopped wearing the big mountie hat. Amazingly brave to use the harp.

The gal who wore the black fringe dress with hat was just over the top enthusiatic. I bet she played Ado Annie in Oklahoma ( I'm Just a Girl who Can't say No) in high school. I think she will be sent home.
    Of the 4 guys, three had guitars. Two of them were excellent, but the guy with the knit hat was less so and I think he will go along with the former man-bun wearer. The new hair style was a million times better, but the delivery was just too much.

Of the rest of the girls, the one with the black lace dress should join the other back dress girl in leaving as she really was dreadful.

Brenda's daughter was OK, but I hated her 60s San Fran baggy drab dress and boots.

The skate boarding girl is entitled to be herself and she is really pretty with no makeup, but the clothing does need to be a little nicer---ok a lot nicer.

Now "Proud Mary" sounded good but she was doing Tina Turner and not overly well. The only judge comment about that was from JL....take your influences and make them your own. Apparently she is the blessed one because an obvious imitation of a great performance would be stomped on and they were way too kind.

The top 24 were 13 girls 11 guys.

I don't remember names yet for the most part, but I have been really liking the off the grid girl the whole way so far, and though she did a very good job last night with some over the top competition. Most I can barely remember now. Guy from Raleigh was just awful, and I've liked him well enough until now. Way over the top. I'm not musically inclined and don't usually know if they're off pitch or whatever, but he sounded very off to me. I really dislike the Tina Turner version of Proud Mary - always have, always will, and definitely don't like any of the versions where they try to channel her. Why not do something different, and try covering the original for a change? Don't get the Sonica love. Like someone above said, reminds me of Pia. Good voice, but something missing. And I couldn't understand a word she was singing. Will be interesting to see the duets tonight. Hopefully the past idols will allow the current contestants to shine and not overshadow them.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast