+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 1/27-28 AI 15: Hollywood Week **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 1/27-28 AI 15: Hollywood Week **West Coast Spoilers**

The next three groups were great, also! Those included Genevieve Rose Mitchell, Tristan McIntosh, ummm I can't remember their names. So sorry! But they did a wonderful job. Now, we will wait for the ones that were not organized.

Michelle Marie , Ashley Lusk, Lindsey Carrier, Shelbie Z are singing. They are okay. Not bad.

Lindsey did not make it through. So sad. Michelle Marie needs to tone down the cheering.

They need to stop coming up and signing to the judges. STAY BACK! LOL

Group night is always the most stressful. The green haired girl is gone & that's not a bad thing. I liked what the black girl with the sagebrush hairdo did to help support the other two ladies in their group. Nice act on her part, but I don't like to hear her sing. And how clueless was the girl that prevented her group from changing songs because it was "all about her" & when she is told by JLo that people have to be ready to work together, she still didn't get it after being booted. She can't deny one part of her talent just to appease another part? Good grief,the arrogance of that statement alone would have prevented her from becoming a fan voted favorite.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    Is she a former contestant? How did the AI people know her name and (why) show it on the tv screen?
    She was a recording artist in the 80's - one of those who many involved in music think had far more talent than her success showed. Her biggest hit was a song called I Still Believe which Mariah Carey (who was a backup singer for her and credits Starr with helping her to make it) covered years later. In the package that went with her daughter's first audition, they also said she used to rehearse at the same dance studio as J Lo. She was in awe of J Lo's dancing, and J Lo said she was in awe of Brenda's vocals.
    mimi and CupidGuest like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    She was a recording artist in the 80's - one of those who many involved in music think had far more talent than her success showed. Her biggest hit was a song called I Still Believe which Mariah Carey (who was a backup singer for her and credits Starr with helping her to make it) covered years later. In the package that went with her daughter's first audition, they also said she used to rehearse at the same dance studio as J Lo. She was in awe of J Lo's dancing, and J Lo said she was in awe of Brenda's vocals.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, AcookerTV. I didn't know one of my favorites, Gianna Isabella, is Brenda's daughter, I thought it was the girl who said she had many other talents (after she was sent home).

I was pretty sure I had seen Shelbie Z before, and I was thinking on the Voice. So I decided to look her up and yep, she was on the Voice one of the earlier years I guess. I don't remember much about her except her name and looks.
    mimi likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was so excited to see Brenda K Starr's daughter audition for American Idol, and her mom in the audience for Hollywood week! I was a big fan of her music. Her self-titled album was good but the next album, By Heart, was fantastic! It's one of my favorite albums in my collection. I always felt Brenda K should have become a bigger star than she was and wondered why she didn't. Maybe there was just too much competition at the time and she got lost in the shuffle.

I'm crossing my fingers that her daughter does well. It would be awesome to have Brenda K Starr's daughter become the last American Idol. She still has to earn the title, though. I haven't heard enough from the contestants to have any favorites yet. I've only caught a few parts a few episodes.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

'The Voice' Recap: First round of eliminations

The show kicked off with Team Blake performing ‘Free Ride’ by The Edgar Winter Group. Ray and Nic struggled to keep up with the rest of their teammates and the voices didn’t exactly mesh. Luckily, ‘The Voice’ is not a contest for a musical group, because if it were, we feel fairly certain this group would not be victorious.

Then it was time for the results for Team Blake, with Austin Jenckes the first to be saved, followed by his other bearded friend Cole Vosbury. The tough part then came for our pal Blake, where he was forced to choose between his remaining three contestants, only able to save one from elimination.

Although Shelby Z may have seemed the obvious choice to have some female vocal power on his team, Blake ultimately chose Ray to move on to the next level. Shelby’s departure may have been a bit of a shocker to some, but Nic’s elimination came as no great surprise. For a show called ‘The Voice,’ we are still a bit confused as to how he made it this far in the first place. See ya, Nic!

Read More: 'The Voice' Recap: First round of eliminations | 'The Voice' Recap: First round of eliminations
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I was pretty sure I had seen Shelbie Z before, and I was thinking on the Voice. So I decided to look her up and yep, she was on the Voice one of the earlier years I guess. I don't remember much about her except her name and looks.
    Yeah. I noticed her during the tryouts. I remember her from The Voice. I thought she was pretty good, and I was surprised when Blake cut her. While I'm happy to see her get another chance, I'm kind of surprised to see American Idol take someone who went so far on The Voice.

But what I really came here to say is that I think that cowgirl who lives off the grid is the cutest thing ever. She's so comfortable just being her own person and dressing in her own quirky way with her medicine bag over her shoulder, and cowboy boots, and that big old scarf. It's like Annie Hall and K.D. Lang had a baby.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 01-30-2016 at 12:46 AM.
    mimi, NCLurker, Misty8723 and 5 others like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast