+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 1/13-1/14 AI 15: Auditions Continue **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/13-1/14 AI 15: Auditions Continue **West Coast Spoilers**

I like the judges they have on the show now, because I think they truly know music and performing, and they all care enough to give feedback that helps the singers and gives insight. But the lack of chatter about the audition shows illustrates that that part of the season is this group of judges weak spot. There's no one on the panel who is willing to tell it like it is, which used to be what made the auditions so much fun. Now, it's just Harry doing silly stuff to entertain himself, which is entertaining, but also makes me feel bad for the people auditioning whose spotlight he takes.

It seems like the producers know this is no longer a highlight of the season, so they are buzzing through it.

^^^ Perhaps a bit of the lack of chatter can be attributed to the Top 24 already being known...if you want to know that is...they have already been named.
    AcookerTV likes this.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Well, Thursday like last Thursday was better than the Wednesday shows. It is still the girls who stand out.

I remember John Wayne and how it came down to between him and Scotty at that last "green mile" performance. Now, he seems more mature and grounded. I hope he goes far.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-15-2016 at 10:41 AM.
    waywyrd and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I actually like Keith, but sometimes he really annoys me. His dislike of the sweet girl who is a horse trainer and who sang a Tammy Wynette song was odd. The girl had a really nice voice and Keith votes no. Something about her not filling the shoes of Tammy or being not authentic enough. Such BS. She had all that and actually had better vocals than Tammy. Matter that's what he didn't like. What's up with him?
    ibot2much likes this.

FORT Fogey

I so agree. It didn't make sense since he doesn't often not support the kids. Even Jen asked him why he voted no, thinking it was because he knew the song so well. Very odd indeed.

I thought she was one of the better singers and she had a real grit to her too. To say she was too rehearsed or not sincere enough was just bizarre to me.

But, then I should consider what they say is good sometimes. I don't get it at all. The person may have a very unpleasant sound or they are manipulating their voice so much that it's not natural. To me it's a fine line between voice manipulation that is amusing and then that which is aggravating. Men and women do it a lot now days. I can only take so much of it. I liked it early on with people like Alanis Morrisette, but over the last 5 years, the distortion in vocals for the sake of distorting the vocals has gone through the roof.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-15-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I like the judges they have on the show now, because I think they truly know music and performing, and they all care enough to give feedback that helps the singers and gives insight. But the lack of chatter about the audition shows illustrates that that part of the season is this group of judges weak spot. There's no one on the panel who is willing to tell it like it is, which used to be what made the auditions so much fun. Now, it's just Harry doing silly stuff to entertain himself, which is entertaining, but also makes me feel bad for the people auditioning whose spotlight he takes.

It seems like the producers know this is no longer a highlight of the season, so they are buzzing through it.
    I like it this way so much better. I had totally stopped watching the auditions because I just can't stand the bad singings and whacked out people they used to bring on there. Now that it's at a minimum I'm enjoying it. I think people are over Idol in general and that's why there isn't more chatter.
    navybelle likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I've been watching and enjoying American Idol for years, but I never start watching until Hollywood Week. Not a fan of the auditions, although I hear there is less time wasted on the awful singers and/or crazies. See you Jan. 27 when Hollywood Week starts!

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I've been watching and enjoying American Idol for years, but I never start watching until Hollywood Week. Not a fan of the auditions, although I hear there is less time wasted on the awful singers and/or crazies. See you Jan. 27 when Hollywood Week starts!
    There is, we are seeing less of the crazies. I guess it's been like this for a few seasons, but I stopped watching the auditions years ago, because it seemed I was forever muting or flipping the channel. It also seems like the auditions are over with sooner if next week is the final week?
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    There is, we are seeing less of the crazies. I guess it's been like this for a few seasons, but I stopped watching the auditions years ago, because it seemed I was forever muting or flipping the channel. It also seems like the auditions are over with sooner if next week is the final week?
    It is the final week, in fact the entire season has been shortened by four weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast