+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 1/6-1/7 AI 15: PREMIERE Auditions **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 1/6-1/7 AI 15: PREMIERE Auditions **West Coast Spoilers**

I did not like cello girl at all.

Love that the cop offered to bring a taser.
    Last edited by dagwood; 01-06-2016 at 10:05 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I thought Justin was the best of the night. I frigging knew it was Kanye, hubby said how did you know..I said because that idiot shows up at the opening of an envelope.
    dagwood and ibot2much like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

They didn't pass many through in Atlanta.

I was pretty underwhelmed. I liked the girl whose parents came from India and the first guy who sang Ghost Riders in the Sky. And just to mention, I love the Johnny Cash's version and have it on my mp3 player, but it's a cover. Many people have recorded that song, the first being Vaughn Monroe (I think) in 1949
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I thought there was some pretty good ones last night. I'm not sure if we have seen THE Idol yet, but the show is off to a good start. I really liked the girl with the Indian parents, the Ghost Rides guy & the young black kid.

Misty 8723,
    Vaughan Monroe had the biggest hit with the song, but the song's writer Stan Jones was the first to record it, a year prior to Vaughan. And Burl Ives got his to market a month prior to Vaughan.

Well I was just a bit late to edit my post above, so I'll add that I forgot to say that I also liked the guy with the pregnant wife & I thought he was really good.

The girl with the Indian parents sang a song called Look At Me which was on Carrie Underwood's album Play On.

I also wanted to expand on Ghost Riders In The Sky. The versions of the song I mentioned above were all prior to the Rock Era in music that kicked off in 1955. The biggest hit with the song since then came in 1961 when the Ramrods took it to #30, but they were almost eclipsed in 1981 by The Outlaws who peaked at #31. Regardless, it is a great song & the guy last night did it justice.

I liked the girl whose folks were from India. She had long straight black hair. I thought she could sing really well. I thought the kid who worked on the golf course did a good job last night, too.
    BerryCrazy likes this.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I liked the girl whose folks were from India. She had long straight black hair. I thought she could sing really well. I thought the kid who worked on the golf course did a good job last night, too.
    Her voice was so pure. No runs and screeching. She just sang..yes, I liked her as well.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I wasn't planning on watching this for a couple of reasons (one is cuz we cut the cord and we didn't get this channel until yesterday when we moved the antenna.) I didn't watch all of the last few seasons (Nicki vs Mariah was such a turn off, took away from the contestants), but did watch some auditions last year. I really like the chemistry between Keith/JLo/Harry, they seem like they are having fun and they are secure in what they like and don't like. So anyway, the first 10 minutes had me misty eyed with all of the memories of past contestants, and I was pleasantly surprised by the first audition so I was reeled in. I'm glad they focused on the good singers (in front of the 3 main judges at least). I'll give this show a chance again at least til I see who makes it to the live show.
    I felt so bad for the wife/mother...she has a good voice, and I see where the judges are coming from but my heart broke for her. I hope she doesn't hold it against her hubby for making it thru.
    talking about 6 degrees of Keith, I don't have a connection to him (man would I love to) but I do to Harry! His sister lives in my town, she works at the hospital I work for. There's more to the story but due to HIPAA I won't explain.
    "Alot of people when they listen, they don't listen. They hear but they don't listen to what the person is saying. " Boston Rob (Mariano)
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

I usually don't like the audition episodes. I really enjoyed this one. I liked seeing past winners and that there weren't too many bad singers. My fav was the one girl with the Indian parents (wish I could remember her name) she had a great voice.
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast