+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

  1. #31
    Frozen Wings Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Age
    71
    Posts
    27,850

    Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

    Jax took an opportunity at the end of her set with Steven Tyler to find closure, as she put it, by thanking the judges et. al. She must have felt cheated to be kicked off behind the curtain, then hustled off stage into her family's arms. I'm glad that she forced that moment after her set.
    dagwood, navybelle and Jax like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,051

    Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

    Was expecting for Nick to win and he did. Good for him. Another WGWG but hopefully he isnt' Lee Dewyze part deux because Nick's sound is more similar to him thann to Daughtry

  3. #33
    FORT Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,369

    Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

    I was disappointed to see Clark come in 2nd, but that often ends up just as well as 1st place. I like Nick, but I thought overall, Clark had more performances that stood above Nick's. Congrats to both guys!
    "Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone." ~ anon

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey Bloomers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,788

    Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

    There was zero comparison to the first songs with Nick's winning by the longest shot possible. It fit him like a tailored glove and made him look and sound tremendously better the other night than all season while Clark's song was the worst I have ever heard him sing.

    However, Clark with the guy from the Doobie Brothers on the piano absolutely blew it out of the water and showed everything he is made of. Clark's performance was hands down better than Nick's performance with his guy.

    Except that the always entertaining Steven Tyler could hardly give up the mike to Jax for her turn, they were fantastically entertaining, and I loved their spot.

    Congratulations to Nick, and best wishes to the rest of them on their upcoming careers!
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

    ~ Author unknown

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,371

    Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

    I posted this in the wrong thread...sorry for duplication...

    I was glad to see Jax take a bit of time to make her feelings known. Good for her.

    All in all it was a good show last night, but there was sure a lot of bumping & grinding going on.

    And why the hell does anyone give Chris Brown any air time anymore?
    navybelle likes this.

  6. #36
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,127

    Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post

    And why the hell does anyone give Chris Brown any air time anymore?
    I wish I knew. I hit the fast forward when he hit the screen.
    ibot2much likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,821

    Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    There was zero comparison to the first songs with Nick's winning by the longest shot possible. It fit him like a tailored glove and made him look and sound tremendously better the other night than all season while Clark's song was the worst I have ever heard him sing.

    However, Clark with the guy from the Doobie Brothers on the piano absolutely blew it out of the water and showed everything he is made of. Clark's performance was hands down better than Nick's performance with his guy.
    Except that the always entertaining Steven Tyler could hardly give up the mike to Jax for her turn, they were fantastically entertaining, and I loved their spot.

    Congratulations to Nick, and best wishes to the rest of them on their upcoming careers!
    I bolded the line to comment that I feel the exact opposite. I thought Clark was okay at the piano, but I really enjoyed Nick's performance and I just love that song. I never heard it before Nick sang it and I don't know who the guy is (I don't pay much attention to pop music), but I thought I heard Ryan say it was #1.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

    The show was good although I did not know a number of the "big name" acts....so much for old age. I thought Tyler still looked brain dead from his drug use, but his mouth looked much smaller. I wonder if his face lift involved shrinking those lips. I didn't think he did well by Jax since her contribution was pretty small and the ending on the table was not pretty.

    He actually sounded better than earlier performances since he wasn't screaming---that was always his trademark....the scream from the enormous mouth.


    Except for the three video good lucks from 2 winners and one non-winner, there was not too much reference to the past. I hope we see lots of it next season because with the results show missing this year, we didn't see much of former contestants
    Last edited by ibot2much; 05-14-2015 at 02:04 PM.

  9. #39
    Unhinged Paradox Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    454

    Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

    Probably a blessing in disguise that Clark didn't win. Now he doesn't have to release that complete piece of s*** as his first single. Nick is okay, but kinda bland. He won't go far. A similar fate to Kris Allen, probably.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 05-15-2015 at 05:35 AM.

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey Bloomers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,788

    Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I bolded the line to comment that I feel the exact opposite. I thought Clark was okay at the piano, but I really enjoyed Nick's performance and I just love that song. I never heard it before Nick sang it and I don't know who the guy is (I don't pay much attention to pop music), but I thought I heard Ryan say it was #1.
    The Doobie Brothers and that song are iconic. Clark was matching the guy key for key, chord for chord, word for word and then adding his own unique Clark sound. Harry stood up and pointed 2 fingers at the end in recognition to Clark for the play on the piano. While Keith has admired Nick several times close to that point, Harry really has not. When Harry goes out of his way to pay homage to somebody, I pay attention.

    The guy that was singing with Nick was interesting in that he has a foreign sounding voice and was playing something other than a guitar, but of the two performances, I still think that one went to Clark although the first song out undeniably went to Nick.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

    ~ Author unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.