+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 5/13 AI 14: Finale

The North prevailed over the South! YES! Happy that Nick won over Clark. He seemed shocked and humble looks good on a winner. I heard something in Nick's voice last night that I hadn't before. He has a good recording voice. Of course, I didn't pay much attention to him or Clark this season. I favored Jax, Quentin, Qaasim, Joey and Adanna.

I really enjoyed the girls singing with Nile Rogers, Quentin and whoever that guy was, and Qaasim with Pitbull. How the mighty have fallen. Not one act that performed tonight is even in the Top 20 of the Itunes chart. Why do they keep trying to make something out of Daniel Seavey? To me, it looked like he was being mocked instead of celebrated.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I miss Steven Tyler as a judge. Can we dump J-Lo and add him back?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm late to the party but when did Jax get eliminated? I didn't have Idol on last nights schedule and if it came a day early I've just missed it I guess. I would have preferred Jax and Nick with Nick winning but Oh well! On with the show, it is just starting here on the West coast.

Jax went last night.

I am really tired of the camera panning to Nicole Kidman. We get it, she's married to Keith. Move on.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Good to see the other Idol contestants. I hope they get featured duets like in previous years. I have to smile when I see Rayvon and Quentin. I really haven't had someone I was crazy about winning this year, but I still have enjoyed the season.
    navybelle and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ginger2 View Post
    I'm late to the party but when did Jax get eliminated? I didn't have Idol on last nights schedule and if it came a day early I've just missed it I guess. I would have preferred Jax and Nick with Nick winning but Oh well! On with the show, it is just starting here on the West coast.
    I think it was on last night, because I saw clips of the performances and Jax's elimination last night on the site where I go to see performances when I don't feel like watching the shows.

I thought it was really strange to change the night for the last performances and final vote. But this show has lost so much of its audience that maybe they just don't care. It's amazing the difference between tonight with not even one page of posts and the show's heyday when the site was crashing multiple times because there were so many people on it.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I think it was on last night, because I saw clips of the performances and Jax's elimination last night on the site where I go to see performances when I don't feel like watching the shows.

I thought it was really strange to change the night for the last performances and final vote. But this show has lost so much of its audience that maybe they just don't care. It's amazing the difference between tonight with not even one page of posts and the show's heyday when the site was crashing multiple times because there were so many people on it.
    Yes, I think the show lost it's shine a few seasons back. Hardly anyone bothers to watch anymore.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

The oldest contestant at 29 won! Congratulations Nick!

Scott gave a thumbs up...Keith gave him a hug and last year's winner gave him the trophy table microphone.

Nothing but dance music the first hour. Nicole actually had one of their children with her - first time I've seen her in public.

I really like Nick's coronation song - it is upbeat and singable.

They showed the new prospects lining up for the first audition today...on toward next season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I actually came on here to see who won! Congrats to Nick.

From the sound of the above, I will be fast forwarding quite a bit when I actually watch! Looking forward to seeing Quentin perform though.

May 13, 2015: The Finale

Very happy for Nick and his fans. Congratulations. He earned it! Nick is the first American Idol winner to hail from the Northeast! He is also, as far as I can determine, the first Italian American to win this title. Even though only one season remains, contestants now know that anything is possible. Nick's victory was a pleasant and somewhat unexpected surprise (I had assumed that Southern singers would always get the better of Northern competitors in a head to head battle) and it couldnít happen to a nicer guy. I was hoping Nick would win (see below for reasons) but in my opinion he was not the best singer in this competition, although America clearly disagreed with me. As a reminder, I always accept and respect America's decisions, without fail. I value emotion and talent equally and Nick does not emote well. He is, however, a good musician, a great entertainer, and insanely likeable. These are his finest qualities; his treasure.

Top Ten Performances of Season Fourteen:

1. Georgia On My Mind----------Clark Beckham. The best performance of the season.
    2. Beautiful Life----------Nick Fradiani. . Although Home (Phillip Phillips) and Believe (Fantasia) are good, Beautiful Life could turn out to be the best Winnerís single ever. It certainly has the best lyric.
    3. I Want To Hold Your Hand----------Jax. One of the favorite Idol performances of all time.
    4. Harder To Breathe----------Nick Fradiani. Nasty funk. Nick nailed it shut!
    5. Try a Little Tenderness-----Clark Beckham. Gut-wrenching stuff from Clark.
    6. Mama Knows Best-----------Sarina-Joi Crowe . A singularly spectacular performance that promised greatness that was never realized.
    7. Sitting On The Dock of the Bay----------Clark Beckham. More bluesy, old school R&B from Clark. A fantastic performance!
    8. Come Together----------Quaasim Middleton. One of the most visually stunning performances of the season. Unfortunately, it, too, went unmatched.
    9. Piece Of My Heart----------Jax. This kid disappeared inside this lyric. I loved every second of it.
    10. Safe and Sound----------Katherine Winston. This was a wonderful vocal that was roundly panned by the judges; unfairly in my opinion.

My Favorite Guest Performances of Season Fourteen:

1. In Love by Now----------Jamie Foxx and Rayvon Owen
    2. Feel The Light----------Jennifer Lopez
    3. Honey, Iím Good----------Andy Grammer and Nick Fradiani
    4. Riptide----------Vance Joy and Quentin Alexander
    5. Fun----------Pitbull, Chris Brown, and Quaasim Middleton, Entertainment at its absolute best. They killed it! All three of them.
    6. Back It Up-----------Prince Royce, Jennifer Lopez, and Pitbull. Not only first rate entertainment; visually stunning.

Clark Beckham and Why I Wanted Nick To Win Nick would probably have won any way but, in my opinion, the publicized disagreement between Scott Borchetta and Clark Beckham revealed a very different Clark than what I was used to seeing. Thereís stuff there, bubbling underneath the surface, like a tsunami, and it makes me nervous. Nick, on the other hand, is transparent. This is why I was rooting so hard for Nick to win. Nick will be a good ambassador for American Idol; he will follow the script, stay on message, and do what heís told. Clark is too unpredictable and in my opinion cannot be counted on to do either. That is not a characteristic you want in an American Idol.

Biggest Disappointment: Sarina-Joi Crowe and Michael Simeon.

Format Faux Pas: I know itís recently installed and they are working out the kinks but Simon Fuller (the producer) really should consider changing the Elimination procedure for the Third Place Finisher. How can you justify allowing the bottom two contestants in earlier rounds to sing twice and even participate in exit interviews but unceremoniously dismiss the third place finisher without the opportunity to do either? Thatís not fair! The third place finisher has accomplished more and should certainly receive an exit that reflects those accomplishments; e.g. Jax, in my opinion, was disrespected when she was not provided an opportunity to sing her original song or participate in an exit interview. I know this was not intentional but it really needs to get fixed.

Judges: Doing WorkÖ.good work. I was a little ambivalent about Keith at first but heís a lot of fun now. I love all three of these judges.
    Seacrest: Best host in the business.
    Ricky Minor and the Band: Like a fine wine, better with age. This season, they showed us some of their finest work ever.

See you guys next year.
    Last edited by liedenfrost; 05-14-2015 at 02:03 AM.
    Dinahann, Katydyd and TeacherLady like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast