+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 5/13 AI: Top Five **Across All Time Zones**

Re: 5/13 AI: Top Five **Across All Time Zones**

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    I think all 3 of the finalists are really good, but I really want Maddie to win...Her style is right up my alley. Gabby is good, but she irritates me for some reason. I don't know why...And I really don't go for the screechiness. Maybe the "country" vote will split between her and Caleb, and Maddie will take it. Don't get me wrong, I love country music, but I just want Maddie to win.
    I hope so
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

FORT Fanatic

I hope Maddie can win this as well. I like Caleb and I think Gabby is good, but I just find her voice at time somewhat grating on my nerves. I noticed it a lot during Last Name but not as much during the Whitney Houston song. She is young though so maybe with a voice coach she could improve on that.

Carrie has really come along from where she was. I think her Cry Pretty will be a pretty big hit for her.

But agree with many others, this is going way too fast. You barely get a chance to get to know these kids and it is over. I tried to wait a few times towards the end to vote for who I thought was the best, but then you ran out of time to get all of your votes in!

We are voting them off so rapidly. I believe I would rather have had fewer weeks spent on auditions and a few more weeks spent on the actual show itself.
    ibot2much likes this.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

I agree. It hasn't been enough time to see all of their talent.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    I hope Maddie can win this as well. I like Caleb and I think Gabby is good, but I just find her voice at time somewhat grating on my nerves. I noticed it a lot during Last Name but not as much during the Whitney Houston song. She is young though so maybe with a voice coach she could improve on that.

Carrie has really come along from where she was. I think her Cry Pretty will be a pretty big hit for her.

But agree with many others, this is going way too fast. You barely get a chance to get to know these kids and it is over. I tried to wait a few times towards the end to vote for who I thought was the best, but then you ran out of time to get all of your votes in!

I know no one else has followed Carrie’s career like I have so perhaps you aren’t aware that every single she has ever released has been a big hit for her. At this point she has 14 #1 hits, eleven #2 hits & has released just five singles that have not hit either #1 or #2 on any chart & all of them went Top 5.

As of this morning Cry Pretty has climbed to #16 already. So you probably have a pretty safe bet on your hands.

I should clarify something about the above post. All of those hits were based on the Billboard Country Chart. However, there is another charting service called Mediabase where most of the radio countdown shows get their info for the rankings. On the Mediabase Country Chart Carrie now has 26 #1 hit singles & has never released a song that charted lower than #2. Cry Pretty will be #27, In My Opinion!
    Misty8723 likes this.

Whatever that site is that indicates what they have made says she is now worth $82 million. That says it all. Not only that, she is by far American Idol's #1 all time big performing artist.

What astounded me the most about Carrie - even beyond how much she has progressed past the rather wooden but extraordinary pretty and gifted singer she was on Idol - was the calm, the confidence, and sophistication she exhibited with those kids during their sessions. She was nothing like she is on the stage. She didn't even seem like a country star to me. She was almost like a regal Hollywood classic star of many years older than she is who has been there, done that, is past that, and is now ready and able to share what she knows with the younger, upcoming class of incoming stars.
    razorbacker likes this.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

By the way, if you notice photos of the final five they are all wearing a silver dog tag. These are gifts Carrie has given to the Final 10 every year since she won the show just to show how the kids are going through the battle. They are made by Tiffany's in NYC & engraved with the names of each of them. So, they certainly aren't cheap by any means. It is also something that she is never given credit for.
    navybelle and Eastcoastmom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    By the way, if you notice photos of the final five they are all wearing a silver dog tag. These are gifts Carrie has given to the Final 10 every year since she won the show just to show how the kids are going through the battle. They are made by Tiffany's in NYC & engraved with the names of each of them. So, they certainly aren't cheap by any means. It is also something that she is never given credit for.
    Now that you mention this, I remember hearing about her doing that for past seasons. i don't know her personally, of course, but she seems like such a genuine class act.
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” - Anthony Douglas Williams

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    The final spot can no longer be called the "pimp spot." I haven't been voting, but I think it comes down to people having to vote for who they like rather who they think did a good job that week. I'm trying to decide if I want to bother downloading the App so I can vote in the finale.
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” - Anthony Douglas Williams

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast