+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: American Idol on ABC (premieres March 2018) - News & Speculation

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: ‘American Idol’ Revived on ABC for 2017-18 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Adam Lambert!!! He would be so FABULOUS as a judge on Idol.

And, for those who don't know this, just a few months ago he was a judge on 2016's Australia's Got Talent - so he actually has judging experience as well as performing experience -- not to mention one of the BEST VOICES in the biz!
    100% agree with you. I cant wait to see him in July!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Variety has reported that Adam & Carrie are both in discussion. It doesn't necessarily say they are being considered for judges, but to have a role...whatever that could mean.

I love Adam but I'm no Carrie fan. Katy Perry as well, sounds like they are grabbing for everyone and anyone.
    angelic_one2002 and Dinahann like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

You have to wonder how many of those names they are actually talking to, how many are just a writer speculating, and how many are a celeb whose PR is trying to get their name out there for publicity.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    You have to wonder how many of those names they are actually talking to, how many are just a writer speculating, and how many are a celeb whose PR is trying to get their name out there for publicity.
    I'd say most of them, let's hope they end up with decent judges. Harry was a great judge imho.
    AcookerTV likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I thought Harry was great, and I thought Keith was great too. Both of them were able to talk to the contestants about music and performance, and give advice that was actually helpful. I liked that they critiqued to help people improve, rather than pandering to make them all feel good talking about goosies and stuff, OR performing for the camera making it about their critiques instead of the performers. I think it would be nice if they'd go back to having a judge who came from a producer point of view, like Randy was just to have that line of thinking in the mix again.
    Dinahann and Fanny Mare like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I like Harry as a judge, particularly. I think he's the best AI ever had. Keith was good, but a lot of times he'd "go with the flow" of the other judges, I thought. Harry always gave them constructive criticism that would help the contestant.
    Dinahann and AcookerTV like this.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I like Harry as a judge, particularly. I think he's the best AI ever had. Keith was good, but a lot of times he'd "go with the flow" of the other judges, I thought. Harry always gave them constructive criticism that would help the contestant.
    I agree, Harry was the best judge. I wasn't keen on J' lo.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think they show needs a JLo type to build up confidence. Truly, having her there gave Harry freedom to be brutally honest, knowing she could put on bandages if necessary. But he's far more interesting to listen to than she ever was!
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think they show needs a JLo type to build up confidence. Truly, having her there gave Harry freedom to be brutally honest, knowing she could put on bandages if necessary. But he's far more interesting to listen to than she ever was!
    I often muted her, because I found Keith gave the hugs and encouragement.
    I think her new dance show will be interesting, as they come from all over the world.
    Plus Derek Hough is a judge
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast