+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: American Idol on ABC (premieres March 2018) - News & Speculation

Re: ‘American Idol’ Revived on ABC for 2017-18 Season

Frankly....I may be the lone wolf on this one, but I am glad Kelly Clarkson is going to the Voice & not Idol. I don't watch The Voice & I didn't want to have to watch her on Idol.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

KAREN

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I'm not sure why they ever thought he'd go back. I guess Kelly is going to be a coach on the voice( I don't like that show) but I may tune in now and then to see her, she's a lovely girl..

They also reached out to Adam Lambert ( be still my heart) as he was so good during audition week. I'd tune in for sure if I got to see him every.single.week.

'American Idol': Adam Lambert Shines as Judge as New York Brings the Talent - The Hollywood Reporter
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-12-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    Dinahann and Imperfect1 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Id' really enjoy Kelly as a judge. I think she knows what she's talking about and has an interest in helping people along. But, she does have a side to her that doesn't always seem to show gratitude to people who got her where she is, so I'm disappointed but not surprised that she'd chose The Voice over Idol.

I'm not sure that I'd like Adam as a judge. I know a lot of people love him, but I've always thought he was a little too impressed with himself. I think that he'd be similar to J-Lo where he'd make his critiques about himself instead of about making the performers better.
    Misty8723 and Cornholio like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Id' really enjoy Kelly as a judge. I think she knows what she's talking about and has an interest in helping people along. But, she does have a side to her that doesn't always seem to show gratitude to people who got her where she is, so I'm disappointed but not surprised that she'd chose The Voice over Idol.

I'm not sure that I'd like Adam as a judge. I know a lot of people love him, but I've always thought he was a little too impressed with himself. I think that he'd be similar to J-Lo where he'd make his critiques about himself instead of about making the performers better.
    He didn't do that through the audition process, mainly because he's been there, unlike J'lo.. But I think he's busy anyway, fronting for Queen, and his own music.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post

I'm not surprised at all about Clarkson going elsewhere. She has always been pretty unthankful for the show that gave her her voice & I certainly won't miss her at all. I am alos on the non Lambert train. I have nothing against the guy as much as I do his fans that think everything the guy does is the best it has ever been or ever will be done. No Lambert for me.

It is being reported that they are in negotiations with Katy Perry.

http://http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/abc-reality-chief-reveals-american-idol-reboot-plans-1003367

Millsy has been a show runner for The Bachelor franchise and also talks about that in this interview. Here is a portion:
    How did you pitch it to the producers?

Ben is looking at it not just from an ABC standpoint, but a Disney one. Our idea for Fremantle was to put Idol on in the spring, use the Oscars as a platform and launch it as this big return, around the same time it used to air. It was about showing them all of our platforms: We can have auditions in the parks; we can amplify, not just at ABC, but with Disney Channel and Freeform. There's a couple of different scenarios about the nights it will air — and, of course, there's the Ryan Seacrest of it all.

What's the latest there?

There has been some very early reaching out. He really wants to be as good as he was on it before, while now giving his all to Kelly & Ryan. I think he can do both; he thinks he can do both, but he's giving it some serious thought.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Considering the report is coming from US Weekly, I'd take it with a grain of salt, but they are reporting that Daughtry is going to be one of the judges.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I'm not sure why they ever thought he'd go back. I guess Kelly is going to be a coach on the voice( I don't like that show) but I may tune in now and then to see her, she's a lovely girl..

They also reached out to Adam Lambert ( be still my heart) as he was so good during audition week. I'd tune in for sure if I got to see him every.single.week.

'American Idol': Adam Lambert Shines as Judge as New York Brings the Talent - The Hollywood Reporter
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Adam Lambert!!! He would be so FABULOUS as a judge on Idol.

And, for those who don't know this, just a few months ago he was a judge on 2016's Australia's Got Talent - so he actually has judging experience as well as performing experience -- not to mention one of the BEST VOICES in the biz!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast