+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: American Idol on ABC (premieres March 2018) - News & Speculation

FORT Fogey

Re: ‘American Idol’ Revived on ABC for 2017-18 Season

I think they'll announce soon that it's gong to be based in New York this time around so they can hold on to Ryan as host. Since Harry's talk show tapes out of New York too, that could open the door for him to continue as a judge
    Miss_Griss and Eastcoastmom like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Don't forget, though, that there has been traveling for the auditions. Hard to do with steady day jobs.

I do so hope both Ryan and Harry can make it work.

I wonder how "they" will change the format?
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Don't forget, though, that there has been traveling for the auditions. Hard to do with steady day jobs.

I do so hope both Ryan and Harry can make it work.
    Good point, but I think they can make it work. If, for example Sharon Osbourne and her 2 jobs are an example of how it would go, Sharon has been a daily co-host on The Talk, and at the same time, she has been able to be a judge on America's Got Talent. Don't the AGT judges travel around the country to do their preliminary judging before the AGT season gets started? If so, that's just like American Idol.

And we know that Kelly Ripa won't miss Ryan too much cause she's used to having guest co-hosts on Live -- so there you go.

Oh I would LOVE for AI to come back!!!!

Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Oh I would LOVE for AI to come back!!!!

I think Kelly Clarkson will be a judge, and I honestly think Ryan will be back as host.
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kelly is going to be in one of the Voice chairs next season. The Voice jumped before Idol came back into play. She would be a terrific judge. Remember when she was on the show, Duets?
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Kelly is going to be in one of the Voice chairs next season. The Voice jumped before Idol came back into play. She would be a terrific judge. Remember when she was on the show, Duets?
    Oh, they said on ET she was asked to be a judge. She was on the voice before wasn't she? Damn, she would have been a good judge, you're right.

Kelly Clarkson in Talks to Be Judge on Re-Booted 'American Idol': Report | Billboard
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Good point, but I think they can make it work. If, for example Sharon Osbourne and her 2 jobs are an example of how it would go, Sharon has been a daily co-host on The Talk, and at the same time, she has been able to be a judge on America's Got Talent. Don't the AGT judges travel around the country to do their preliminary judging before the AGT season gets started? If so, that's just like American Idol.

And we know that Kelly Ripa won't miss Ryan too much cause she's used to having guest co-hosts on Live -- so there you go.
    I agree. If they bring in guest hosts so Ryan can do auditions, then they get to say he's travelling for auditions promoting AI, and can even talk to him from various locations. ABC loves cross promoting their shows. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a deal where the ousted contestants appear on Live the next day too.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh, they said on ET she was asked to be a judge. She was on the voice before wasn't she? Damn, she would have been a good judge, you're right.

Kelly Clarkson in Talks to Be Judge on Re-Booted 'American Idol': Report | Billboard
    I mis-posted! It is Jenifer Hudson who will be on the Voice, NOT Kelly Clarkson. So...let the vibes for Kelly to be on AI commence and be strong.

I mis-posted! It is Jenifer Hudson who will be on the Voice, NOT Kelly Clarkson. So...let the vibes for Kelly to be on AI commence and be strong.
    You didn't make a mistake. Both things are true. Kelly will be on the Voice in Spring 2018. Jennifer will be on this fall.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast