+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Answers

The Answers

1. American Idol is based on the UK hit called what?

Pop Idol

2. Who is known as "The Velvet Teddy Bear"?

Ruben

3. Which Top 12 contestant from season three has a daughter?

Fantasia

4. Who co-hosted the first season of AI with Seacrest?

Brian Dunkleman

5. Which unsuccessful auditioner with the "crunk teeth" and the catch phrase can you dig it? was later arrested for shooting a friend?

Leroy Wells

6. Which top 10 contestant continues to operate a karaoke business in Grand Prairie Texas?

Nikki McKibbon

7. Which first season contestant watched herself get the boot from a hospital bed?

Christina Christian

8. Which season three contestant was known as "the pen salesman”?

Jon Peter Lewis

9. Which season three contestant was arrested for drunk driving after celebrating his inclusion into the top 24?

Donnie Williams

10. Which season three top 10 contestant was eliminated, resulting in charges by Elton John that the show was racist?

Jennifer Hudson

11. Which season two finalist scored with an inspirational book that debuted at number two on the New York Times bestseller list?

Clay Aiken

12. Which two unsuccessful season two contestants shared an apartment after the finale? (2 points)

Clay Aiken and Kimberly Locke

13. Which season one contestant's favorite saying was "cool beans"?

Kelly Clarkson

14. Which season one top 10 contestant inspired the famous on-air disagreement between Randy and Simon that almost escalated to blows?

RJ Helton

15. Which season two contestant made his debut on the country charts with “I Want to Live”?

Josh Gracin

16. Which season three contestant has a CD dropping on June 28th?

John Stevens

17. Which season four contestant got the girl on the television show, “Elimidate”?

Constantine Maroulis

18. Which American Idol 2 finalist was known for owning a pet pig?

Vanessa Olivarez

19. Which American Idol 3 finalist was booted off the show the day after she sang, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"?

Camille Velasco

20. What color was Trenyce's dress the night she sang "I Have Nothing"?

Red

21. Nikko Smith was known by a different name before the semi-finals. What was it?

Osbourne Smith

22. Which contestant from season four did Simon Cowell describe as "very rehearsed" and "polished"?

Janay Castine

23. Which contestant performed "Let's Stay Together" during the semi-finals of American Idol 4?

Joseph Murena

24. Which contestant on American Idol 4 performed the Tevin Campell classic, “Can We Talk”?

Nikko Smith

25. What type of hairstyle did Nadia Turner sport during her performance of "Time After Time?"

Mohawk/Frohawk/Fauxhawk

26. On American Idol 2, which contestant had to sing after Ruben in the group stages?

Jennifer Fuentes

27. Which former American Idol Contestant recently appeared on Fear Factor?

Nikki McKibbin

28. According to Simon, who would be the winner of Smoldering Idol?

Constantine Maroulis

29. Which three former American Idol contestants were regularly featured on Ryan Seacrest's now defunct talkshow to give their opinion on American Idol 3? (3 points)

Trenyce, Carmen, and Kimberly Caldwell

30. What is the name of Bo's band?

Sugar Money

31. What was the name of Constantine's band?

Pray for the Soul of Betty

32. What subject does Anwar teach?

Music

33. Which former Idol contestants reported from Carrie and Bo's finale parties? (2 points)

Matt Rogers and LaToya London

34. In American Idol 4, which top 12 finalist pulled out of the competition and who took his/her place? (2 points)

Mario Vasquez was replaced by Nikko Smith

35. What one word did Simon use to describe a Constantine performance and what was the song he sang? (2 points)

“Astonishing” - Bohemian Rhapsody

36. Name the stars who acted as guest judges during the season four audition process. (5 points)

LL Cool J, Mark McGrath, Kenny Loggins, Gene Simmons, Brandy

37. Whose microphone did Simon want to be in season four?

Amanda Avila

The trivia quiz was written by a select group of elite American Idol fans...who also happened to be on the writing staff. A big thanks to Speedbump, Fluff, Dinahann, Burntcrow for the questions! They were not your typical fare easily found on Google. Also, thanks to MrDobolina for admitting to knowing less than I do about American Idol, and Mantenna for much needed comic relief. In fact, thanks to all the writing and mod staff for moral support. You guys are great!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    26. On American Idol 2, which contestant had to sing after Ruben in the group stages?

Jennifer Fuentes
    For this question, I think the answer may be Kimberly Locke. According to lobeck's recap it went Ruben, Kimberly, Jennifer.

American Idol, Week 4: The Bar Has Been Raised

Great questions writing staff and thanks to hepcat for running the whole thing!

Yeah, i got Kimberly as well...I went to check the photos on IdolonFox.com and it was Kimberly after RUben...

And aint Nikko Smith also called Osbourne Earl Smith 2...
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    For this question, I think the answer may be Kimberly Locke. According to lobeck's recap it went Ruben, Kimberly, Jennifer.

American Idol, Week 4: The Bar Has Been Raised

Great questions writing staff and thanks to hepcat for running the whole thing!
    Yes, thanks to Hepcat and the others for the test!

But, Jennifer came after Kimberley Locke. I don't know if that will change any of the results, but...
    Last edited by lobeck; 06-23-2005 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon
    Yeah, i got Kimberly as well...I went to check the photos on IdolonFox.com and it was Kimberly after RUben...

And aint Nikko Smith also called Osbourne Earl Smith 2...
    Actually, he is/was Osbourne III...

:d:d:d

.... i'm disappointed i didn't win... even though I did get the Kimberley Locke one right... I hope that lets me win the prize pack... lol.... and I think I should get an extra point for knowing that LaToya has a daughter as well because by law her step-daughter is her daughter... lol oh well... hopefully something will amount out of this...

As you know, the questions were put together by the writing staff. There was some confusion on the wording of this question initially.

Looking it up myself from a few different sources, I agree that it would be Kimberly Locke. However, all four of the top scorers put KL for this question, so it doesn't change the results.

Prepmarc, lots of folks included little extra tidbits. Unfortunately, there was no extra credit on this one.

Thanks for playing, an great job, everyone!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

oh well.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Actually, he is/was Osbourne III...
    Lobes, do you have any documentation of that? I haven't seen anything aside from Osbourne II.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Lobes, do you have any documentation of that? I haven't seen anything aside from Osbourne II.
    American Idol 2/21: Let's Hear It For The Boys

Nikko Smith

One is my recap where I mention his "former" name; the other is the Nikko thread where someone other than myself mentions that he is/was Osbourne III...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast