1. American Idol is based on the UK hit called what?
2. Who is known as "The Velvet Teddy Bear"?
3. Which Top 12 contestant from season three has a daughter?
4. Who co-hosted the first season of AI with Seacrest?
5. Which unsuccessful auditioner with the "crunk teeth" and the catch phrase can you dig it? was later arrested for shooting a friend?
6. Which top 10 contestant continues to operate a karaoke business in Grand Prairie Texas?
7. Which first season contestant watched herself get the boot from a hospital bed?
8. Which season three contestant was known as "the pen salesman”?
Jon Peter Lewis
9. Which season three contestant was arrested for drunk driving after celebrating his inclusion into the top 24?
10. Which season three top 10 contestant was eliminated, resulting in charges by Elton John that the show was racist?
11. Which season two finalist scored with an inspirational book that debuted at number two on the New York Times bestseller list?
12. Which two unsuccessful season two contestants shared an apartment after the finale? (2 points)
Clay Aiken and Kimberly Locke
13. Which season one contestant's favorite saying was "cool beans"?
14. Which season one top 10 contestant inspired the famous on-air disagreement between Randy and Simon that almost escalated to blows?
15. Which season two contestant made his debut on the country charts with “I Want to Live”?
16. Which season three contestant has a CD dropping on June 28th?
17. Which season four contestant got the girl on the television show, “Elimidate”?
18. Which American Idol 2 finalist was known for owning a pet pig?
19. Which American Idol 3 finalist was booted off the show the day after she sang, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"?
20. What color was Trenyce's dress the night she sang "I Have Nothing"?
21. Nikko Smith was known by a different name before the semi-finals. What was it?
22. Which contestant from season four did Simon Cowell describe as "very rehearsed" and "polished"?
23. Which contestant performed "Let's Stay Together" during the semi-finals of American Idol 4?
24. Which contestant on American Idol 4 performed the Tevin Campell classic, “Can We Talk”?
25. What type of hairstyle did Nadia Turner sport during her performance of "Time After Time?"
26. On American Idol 2, which contestant had to sing after Ruben in the group stages?
27. Which former American Idol Contestant recently appeared on Fear Factor?
28. According to Simon, who would be the winner of Smoldering Idol?
29. Which three former American Idol contestants were regularly featured on Ryan Seacrest's now defunct talkshow to give their opinion on American Idol 3? (3 points)
Trenyce, Carmen, and Kimberly Caldwell
30. What is the name of Bo's band?
31. What was the name of Constantine's band?
Pray for the Soul of Betty
32. What subject does Anwar teach?
33. Which former Idol contestants reported from Carrie and Bo's finale parties? (2 points)
Matt Rogers and LaToya London
34. In American Idol 4, which top 12 finalist pulled out of the competition and who took his/her place? (2 points)
Mario Vasquez was replaced by Nikko Smith
35. What one word did Simon use to describe a Constantine performance and what was the song he sang? (2 points)
“Astonishing” - Bohemian Rhapsody
36. Name the stars who acted as guest judges during the season four audition process. (5 points)
LL Cool J, Mark McGrath, Kenny Loggins, Gene Simmons, Brandy
37. Whose microphone did Simon want to be in season four?
The trivia quiz was written by a select group of elite American Idol fans...who also happened to be on the writing staff. A big thanks to Speedbump, Fluff, Dinahann, Burntcrow for the questions! They were not your typical fare easily found on Google. Also, thanks to MrDobolina for admitting to knowing less than I do about American Idol, and Mantenna for much needed comic relief. In fact, thanks to all the writing and mod staff for moral support. You guys are great!
For this question, I think the answer may be Kimberly Locke. According to lobeck's recap it went Ruben, Kimberly, Jennifer.
Originally Posted by hepcat
Great questions writing staff and thanks to hepcat for running the whole thing!
Yeah, i got Kimberly as well...I went to check the photos on IdolonFox.com and it was Kimberly after RUben...
And aint Nikko Smith also called Osbourne Earl Smith 2...
Yes, thanks to Hepcat and the others for the test! :bowdown
Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
But, Jennifer came after Kimberley Locke. I don't know if that will change any of the results, but... :whistle
Actually, he is/was Osbourne III...
Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon
:( :( :(.... i'm disappointed i didn't win... even though I did get the Kimberley Locke one right... I hope that lets me win the prize pack... lol.... and I think I should get an extra point for knowing that LaToya has a daughter as well because by law her step-daughter is her daughter... lol oh well... hopefully something will amount out of this...
As you know, the questions were put together by the writing staff. There was some confusion on the wording of this question initially.
Looking it up myself from a few different sources, I agree that it would be Kimberly Locke. However, all four of the top scorers put KL for this question, so it doesn't change the results.
Prepmarc, lots of folks included little extra tidbits. :laugh Unfortunately, there was no extra credit on this one.
Thanks for playing, an great job, everyone!
Lobes, do you have any documentation of that? I haven't seen anything aside from Osbourne II.
Originally Posted by lobeck
Originally Posted by Mantenna
One is my recap where I mention his "former" name; the other is the Nikko thread where someone other than myself mentions that he is/was Osbourne III... :shrug
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.