+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AI 15 NEWS, Speculation and Poll Information

AI 15 NEWS, Speculation and Poll Information

The first auditions took place today, 5-13-15 in Los Angeles. The publicity has started with words like legendary being tossed around.

The three judges, Harry Connick, Jr., Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez along with Ryan Seacrest will be a part of season 15. No word yet on Scott Borschetta.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: AI 15 NEWS, Speculation and Poll Information

On related news: Season 2 AI Alumnus, Corey Clark, spotted. Now an Uber driver.

'American Idol' Star Corey Clark Is An Uber Driver | TMZ.com

Rejoice, American Idol Fans! Ryan Seacrest Says All Former Judges Will Return for Final Season | E! Online

American Idol is truly going back to its roots for its final season.

Ryan Seacrest just assured E! News' Will Marfuggi that all of the show's former judges, including Paula Abdul, Randy Jackson, and the formidable tight T-shirted Simon Cowellwill return at some point as the singing competition series takes its final bow.

"We will have the former judges back," Seacrest revealed when Marfuggi caught up with him during Idol's famous Hollywood Week. "The plan is to have all of them back. They've all considered it and I think are enthusiastic about coming back and saluting the show."

Aside from Paula, Randy, and Simon, the list of former judges also includes Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Ellen DeGeneres, Steven Tyler, and Kara DioGuardiand the hilarious thought of all of those people in one room alongside current judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, and Harry Connick Jr. is almost enough to curb our sadness over saying goodbye to this show.

Even though Paula, Simon, and Randy are the original kings and queens of the Idol judges' chairs, Jennifer and Harry don't seem to be too worried about any territorial disputes. In fact, Harry's ready to give up his chair to Simon completely.

"He can sit there, hell yeah," Harry says. "I'll go up and sing for him and let him judge me."

Keith, on the other hand, is ready for an American Idol rumble, and he has a special request.

"I'd like to see Ellen and Simon sitting very close to each other, right next to each other, showing people that chemistry," he jokes of the famous Idol frenemies. "I think it's important for people to see that."

Simon Cowell is particularly busy right now on the reality competition front. It was announced last month that he'll be joining season 11 of America's Got Talent as a judge, along with his executive producer role.

American Idol returns to Fox for a 15th and final season on Wednesday, Jan. 6.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnaD_UUY62U

A history of and introduction to American Idol season 15. A terrific look back.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-26-2015 at 05:04 PM.

I wish the reporters in that bit would've commented on why it's ending.
    I wonder how J'Lo would react to a Cowell insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnaD_UUY62U

A history of and introduction to American Idol season 15. A terrific look back.
    Wow! I enjoyed that a LOT more than I thought I would and encourage other AI fans to watch it. Sort of funny (and telling) the winners who were left out of it.
    Count your blessings!

The DVR is all set to go. Bring it on. It's just sad that the show has to come to an end, but then everything does eventually.

This is now old news, but I don't think we have it here.

'American Idol' Summer Tour Canceled | Billboard

The summer tour has been a staple of post-season Idol since the show first launched in 2002.

American Idol has pulled the plug on its summer tour, Billboard has confirmed.

The summer tour has been a staple of post-season Idol since the show first launched in 2002 and saw strong attendance numbers for the better part of a decade, filling medium sized theaters and even arenas during the series' height. But as the Fox show began to lose ratings steam, so did the summer trek and what once included a complete group of finalists and a full band was cut in half during season 14.

News of the tour's demise was first revealed by season 15 sixth-place finisher Tristan McIntosh, who told a fan on Twitter that the top five finalists would not be hitting the road in 2016.

Later, CORE media, the parent company of 19 Entertainment which manages the Idols' careers and recordings, stated that an as-yet-unscheduled season 15 outing would not take place.

"The American Idol Live Tour has historically been an integral part of celebrating the seasons' contestants and also garnering excitement for summer auditions for the upcoming season," CORE media said in a statement. "This year's Idol finale celebrates the past 15 seasons, the amazingly talented participants, and the millions of fans who’ve helped make American Idol the legendary program and brand it is today. It will be so memorable and meaningful and we've chosen to end it on that note."

+ Reply to Thread