While it's not exactly Adam vs. Kris or David vs. David, I have to admit that this pairing is coming out a lot closer than I would have imagined a couple of weeks ago. (Conspiracy theorists may say that is by design.)
So how do you think this is going to shake out? How do you want it to end?
Here's my handicapping:
- He's got the raspy John Mayer / Bruce Springsteen vocal quality
- Cute guy with a guitar
- Come-from-behind, most-improved, underdog story arc
- Sensitive guy; he cries
- Some people HATE his voice; this limits his potential to woo large numbers of casual voters (See Lambert, Adam)
- Little facial expression; personality; excitement
- Detractors perceive "pimping" from producers; could produce backlash (See Archuleta, David)
- Strong blues/rock Bonnie Raitt type voice; more of an "Idol" voice than Lee
- Consistently excellent performances throughout the season
- Even if they aren't wild about her, most people like her voice
- After Lee's Hallelujah, she may be stealing a bit of the "underdog" role.
- Some people are turned off by the way she looks; dreads, piercings, etc.
- Some people are turned off by her attitude: entitled, not invested in Idol
- Her best performances were earlier in the season; she peaked too soon
- Detractors perceive "pimping" from judges throughout season
Who do you think is going to take the prize on Wednesday?