+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ford Commercials

lex_liv
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny
    I agree. I wonder how the contestants feel about doing these videos.
    We have to realize that they shoot the commercial in a very hurried way i.e. in a span of less than a week crammed with endless solo/group rehearsals and wardrobe choices. They are hastily made and obviously done in a studio with a big blue back screen.

Cheesy, true. But we get to see the contestants goofing around (and taking off the pressure off their backs)

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    I think in general the Ford commercials are incredibly cheesy and stupid...
    It's one of the reasons why I don't watch the Wed. show.

HueyDueyLuey961
    The commercials make me want to vomit. The advertisement people at AI are shameless...as in ANY product placement, no matter how obvious, is GOOD product placement. I don't know how they get the contestants to do it. Same with the group medleys.

McMw
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny
    I agree. I wonder how the contestants feel about doing these videos.
    wonder why would they have a problem with doing the commercial??? if....

more airtime for them....

Quote Originally Posted by McMw
    wonder why would they have a problem with doing the commercial??? if....

more airtime for them....
    I can't imagine that they do it for free either. More airtime & more money? Can't be all bad.

FORT Fanatic
    I admit I loved the "No Parking on the Dance Floor" ad. I've always thought it was a cool song, and I thought they did a great job of it, as far as ads go. The idols-to-be all looked like they were having a lot of fun.

Now, I like the group medley segments! Probably my favorite was last year's tribute to Motown. It often showcases their talent - epecially in dancing!

georgiegirl

No where to post this

Since I can't start a new thread...I am assuming I'm too new. Meantime, I found this article about the money machine behind American Idol. I think it's something fans might enjoy reading. If the board owner wants to move it to a better area, that's fine as I couldn't figure out where to put it. He/she might consider an area for these kinds of discussions. Or it might be here and I've missed it.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/screens/.../01-134223.htm

I like the pimpmercials. I think the contestants have fun with them, and, I'd rather see them than a regular Ford commercial. Pretty sure doing these is part of their contract. Group songs, just depends. My pic is still season 2 for best group harmony & choreography. Their solos were better and not as disjointed sounding as this year's.
    Sing & dance the night away!

What was "No Parking on the Dance Floor"? Was that the muppet commercial? I didn't even realize the muppet commercial was the Idols until it was all over, then I wanted to hear it again! (This is my first season watching AI.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast