-Scooter Girl not making the top 32
-Suzy not making the top 12
-Amy being out after a great performance
-Simon having water thrown in his face
-Paula looking normal for once
-Randy's weight loss
-The HUGE Hawaian families
I go for the endless programming of AI3 that made me want to say "ENOUGH"
Foster Your Inner Kacey
Excellent thread, AICritic! Discussing what was fun about this season is a refreshing change from the endless lamenting about the arguable glory of Season 2. :phhht So, here's my two cents:
- Kelly and Ruben surprising us one at a time by coming out and joining Fantasia and Diana for "The Impossible Dream"
- George's "Congratulations, Jasmine!" when he found out he was the one eliminated.
- George perfect final song and unshakable smile while everyone else was balling their eyes out.
- The nasty way they told 4 of the wildcards that they wouldn't get to perform.
- Diana's redemption! It was so nice to see her prove all her "pageant" and "connection" naysayers wrong.
- JPL's lack of redemption and his surprise early exit. (sorry JPL fans!)
- Elton John's holy-crap-what-do-we-have-here smirk when he first heard Jennifer, Fantasia and Diana sing.
- "Jasmine, you are safe."
- Diana's amusing dance with a group of star-struck girls as she sung "Think" in the Top 3 Special
- Fantasia losing it at almost every elimination show.
- "George, please join the top group."
- Elton John's comments that Fantasia rendition of "The Way You Look Tonight" was better than his version.
- Diana's 17 second note on Broken Wing.
- John Stevens' answer to "what will you miss the most?" "Them."
- Elton John's comment that Jenny "blew him away," "gave him chills", Has "an astonishing voice", and was his favorite of the all the contestants.
- How visibly shaken John Stevens was when Jennifer got eliminated.
- Diana's shoutouts to JPL and Amy while she was going through the crowd.
- George: "Simon you're so handsome!"
- The expression on John Stevens' face as he got ripped apart by the judges comments every week.
- Latoya's perfect exit song telling everyone that no one is going to rain on her parade.
- Tarantino's brutal comment to Diana that made the whole audience go "aww," and the class she showed by politely saying "Well, thank you anyways."
- Paula ripping apart that girl who accused Simon of being gay.
- Paula being moved to tears after two of Fantasia's songs and one of Jasmine's.
- Simon taking back his comment that Diana was too young.
- Diana gracefully applauding Fantasia while obviously being completely crushed.
- Barry Manillow inviting Jenny to sing a surprise duet during the On Air show.
- Fantasia's incredible final song in the last two shows that had Amy and several other eliminated contestants crying.
- Anything George-related.
- Fantasia's charismatic interactions with the audience and band members. (see pict below)
Hmm. That may be a little more than 2 cents. And this is after I cut out the ones that I think people already said! I guess you can probably tell I liked this season.
Ultimate American Idol
Originally Posted by BobDobolina
Thanks, BobDobolina! You've got quite a list there, and it makes me just go "oh yeah!". Great on those look backs!
- "George, please join the top group."
Easily my favorite moment.
Big Blue - Tayshaun!
- William Hung "She Bangs"
- Simon taking back his comment that Diana was too young to win
- "George, please join the top group"
- "The Impossible Dream"
- "Chocolate ice cream and an onion"
- Elton John's racism allegations
- "Alan Ido"
- Both renditions of "I Believe" on the final results show
- Latoya's second "Don't Rain On My Parade"
- Tamyra's horrendous slaughtering of the national anthem
Ruben is "Soulful"
Great list, Bobdo!
And I'll second the poster who brought up Jasmine singing "All By Myself." What a memorable, clear act of sabotage by Clive. The song choice was devious, not just because LaToya had sung it before, but because it was totally out of Jamine's vocal range and life experience. I guess Clive was terrified that Jasmine might win and he'd be forced to record her.
Fantasia bringing me to tears with "I believe" and "Summertime." I thought my heart would break when she croaked out "I believe" on her knees at the finale. It sounded like the weight of her entire life came out in those two words.
John Stevens' glorious vocal tone. (I plan to forget his nervous off-key songs).
George's wonderful retro soul.
Matt's charismatic personality. Hope to see him as a host on TV soon.
LaToya's astonishing technique.
Paula giving criticism more than once.
Simon saying Fantasia is the best contestant (not singer, contestant). (I agree).
Randy's stadium-size gold watch.
LaToya going home before Jasmine.
Your list rocks!!! I'd also like to add "What are You Doing for the Rest of Your Life?" by Fantasia Barrino, the guy throwing water at Simon during the auditions, and Clay being backed by the divas.
Originally Posted by pillbeam
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.