No big surprises this week. As a result, nearly two thirds of participants won. I decided to go with 5x penalty to make it at least a little bit interesting. For the final week, we'll have a special scoring mechanism.
This is how it will work.
- You can get between 0 and 16 points.
- If you're wrong, you get 0 points.
- If you're right, you'll get 2-16 points.
- The number of points is determined by how many other people pick the same person. The more people that pick the same thing that you do, the fewer points you'll get (down to 2). Conversely, if you pick an "upset", i.e. very few people predicted the same thing as you, the more points you'll get (up to 16). If half the people pick Diana and half pick Fantasia, the winning group will get 9 points (which is midway between 2 and 16).
- NOTE: You will NOT be able to change your vote after you post. So choose carefully.
- NOTE: No new people this week. I'll also take out all the people who have both (a) not participated in the past 4 weeks and (b) not participated in at least 25% of the game. That's basically the people who aren't really playing any more. That way your final ranking will be a little more "accurate" and not just the result of a bunch of default picks.
Case 1) 99% of people predict Fantasia. 1% predict Diana. Fantasia wins.
- People who predicted Fantasia will get 2 points.
Case 2) Same thing, but Diana wins, i.e. a big upset.
- People who predicted Diana will get 16 points.
Case 3) Equal split: 50% of people predict Fantasia and 50% predict Diana. (equal odds) Fantasia wins.
- People who predicted Fantasia will get 9 points.
Case 3) Same thing, but Diana wins.
- People who predicted Diana will get 9 points. (equal odds, equal points)
All other cases are prorated based on above. For example...
Case 4) 70% of people predict Fantasia and 30% predict Diana. Fantasia wins.
- People who predicted Fantasia will get 6 points.
Case 5) Same thing, but Diana wins, i.e. a slight upset.
- People who predicted Diana will get 12 points.
OK, I hope that makes sense. Feel free to e-mail (not PM) the pick to me if you'd like to keep it a secret. It's probably best if you do it that way. Good luck!