this is my 1st AI so...
Leah-- "Just Keep On Hanging On" performance night...not the encore one on results show(i actually liked it)
Camille-- "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"...im a camille fan but that song is/was way out of her comfort zone
John-- "Crocodile Rock"--that wasn't funny
Jennifer-- "Weekend in New England"--she OVERSANG one of my favorite Barry hits
George-- "Trying To Get That Feeling Again"--too many riffs and runs
Jasmine-- "It's Raining Men"...and that's coming from a Jasmine fan
Diana-- "My Heart Will Go On"--that song bled my ears 6 years ago and she bled my ears again...reminding me why i never liked Celine...
Fantasia-- "Shined..Shealed..Delivered".. .too nasal and grating for my taste
La Toya-- the 1st song at Big Band night...but technical wise still decent
I like them silent
Leah: all of her songs
George: Barry Manilow night
Man both Johns gave enough fodder for worst and I actually liked JPL early in the contest but he never amounted to what I thought he would. Camille did a number or two that was pretty bad. Leah...Jasmine...even poor Diana made me cringe a few times early and in the middle of the final 12; she cleaned up a lot better towards the latter stages though.
I like them silent
Oh yeah...how can I forget John Stevens? Most of his songs but two.
I do think the Noel brothers gave THE TWO worst performances EVER in the round of 32 and beyond. I was shocked how terrible they were. How the hell did they get in the round of 32 sounding like that?
I haven't seen most of season 1, so I'll omit that from my picks. I won't bother with semi-finalists, I'll just go with the top 12. These are in no particular order either...
1. "Let's Groove Tonight" by Ricky Smith -- WHOO! Thought this guy was adorable and sweet, but OUCH. It was so out of tune!
2. "And So it Goes" by Carmen Rasmussen -- Never saw much in this girl, but this week is what really did it for me. She absolutely destroyed this Billy Joel classic.
3. "Everything I Do" by Kim Caldwell -- Like Carmen, I never saw much in Kim Caldwell either. I think her problem w/this song is that a) I just can't see it on a girl, and b) it was just way too flat.
4. "That's When I'll Stop Loving You" by Josh Gracin -- I never had a problem with Josh like most others did, I thought he was okay, but wow, I think he hit rock bottom the week he sang this. And didn't he say that he used to sing this to his wife?
5. "Drift Away" by Corey Clark -- So wrong. Just.... wrong.
1. "Crocodile Rock" by John Stevens -- Always thought this kid was a charmer, but after the abyssmal "My Girl," he followed up later on with this catastrophe. Those laaa's will forever give me chills of discomfort.
2. "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Camille Velasco -- I just never saw anything in this contestant. Her voice was just not right for this song, it sounded like she was crying instead of singing during the long ahhhh's.
3. "She Believes in Me" by JPL -- I was never completely against this guy, but his main problem, IMO, was that he never found his own style, he always imitated the artist he sang. This song in particular was one of his worst.
4. "You Keep Me Hanging On" by Leah LaBelle -- Supremes do not sound good on Leah. I'm not sure if it was her nerves or what, but she was definitely capable of better.
5. "It's Raining Men" by Jasmine Trias -- Oh, Jasmine. I do like you, but this song was just not for you. Nice cover-up for the lyrics and you're still a gorgeous girl, but this song was just not right.
My two favorite voices.
Originally Posted by eldee
But I'll give you that they were...so not...ready.
For me too many to name and many have already been mentioned but special recognition must be given to Josh Gracin's country-twanged version of Celebration. Kool & the Gang should have sued for malicious destruction of property for Josh's rendition. Man that was just horrible, but curiously I think it might have been entertaining to see how bad Gracin would have butchered Get Down on It
BTW, this season has had some really ear destroying notes but I think the worse might have been John Stevens' La La La La with the first La just being so bad that it will be in infamy for all time
ANYTHING that John Stevens sang. Horrible
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.