+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Kids Copying The Thompsons

  1. #1
    YeahYeah
    Guest

    Kids Copying The Thompsons

    I personally have noticed quite a few instances with kids copying the Thompsons, after their winning performances. I can only think of a few right now, however. Please note that I still don't like Tori & Taylor, but feel that certain people were copying them.


    - Chantel's "Stoney End". She went from being a mature older singer to a tall girl trying to act like a nine-year-old. Clearly based on Taylor winning due to her energy & spunk.

    - Jordan's "ABC". Jordan was always a little overenthusiastic, but the way she danced and the outfit she wore was clearly a take off Taylor.

    - Danielle's "Locomotion" - Clearly a Thompson-style performance.

    - Jordan's performance on 7/22. She's worn her hair down before, but the whole style & was clearly a take off of Tori's look during "Love The One You're With".

  2. #2
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    32,752
    I agree with you.
    I mentioned as much in my recap.
    I think the fact that the two Thompson's have delivered such "peppy" performances has inspired some of the others to try and do the same.
    Most notably for me, was Danielle last night.

    I love her singing ballads, but The Locomotion just wasn't "Danielle" enough for me.
    It's not her strong suit, she needs to let her beautiful voice shine through.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  3. #3
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I agree with you.
    I mentioned as much in my recap.
    I think the fact that the two Thompson's have delivered such "peppy" performances has inspired some of the others to try and do the same.
    Most notably for me, was Danielle last night.

    I love her singing ballads, but The Locomotion just wasn't "Danielle" enough for me.
    It's not her strong suit, she needs to let her beautiful voice shine through.
    I wish that just letting her beautiful voice shine through was enough but I mean it apparently isn't working because the other times that she sang beautifully she wasn't even in the top 3. Maybe if she were to do another upbeat song she would lose the weird dancing around. She looked awkward doing those "interesting" movements.

  4. #4
    Aj & clay baby
    Guest
    I agree!!

  5. #5
    Jackson5is#1
    Guest
    people are copying the thompsons 'cause they're the best well thats only my opnion

  6. #6
    kitten
    Guest
    They were all probably "coached" by the same people too,and they have to rehearse so they probably are all kinda told to do the same thing. But I can see that too, with the movements and the hair

  7. #7
    EricaAlexis
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    I personally have noticed quite a few instances with kids copying the Thompsons, after their winning performances. I can only think of a few right now, however. Please note that I still don't like Tori & Taylor, but feel that certain people were copying them.


    - Chantel's "Stoney End". She went from being a mature older singer to a tall girl trying to act like a nine-year-old. Clearly based on Taylor winning due to her energy & spunk.

    - Jordan's "ABC". Jordan was always a little overenthusiastic, but the way she danced and the outfit she wore was clearly a take off Taylor.

    - Danielle's "Locomotion" - Clearly a Thompson-style performance.

    - Jordan's performance on 7/22. She's worn her hair down before, but the whole style & was clearly a take off of Tori's look during "Love The One You're With".

  8. #8
    Katelyn&Carmen
    Guest
    When did Taylor and Tori ever do anything like Danielle did in Locomotion? That looked pretty unique to me.

  9. #9
    Shaenee
    Guest
    I agree...they "tried" but they just couldn't pull it off. Regardless of what any of the "Thompson" haters say...the two girls have proven their overall star quality and appeal.

  10. #10
    Big Blue - Tayshaun! superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaenee
    I agree...they "tried" but they just couldn't pull it off. Regardless of what any of the "Thompson" haters say...the two girls have proven their overall star quality and appeal.
    i disagree, i don't think they have proved much of anything...just look at their two "music videos" if you can even call it that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.