+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 4/29 AI 14: Top 5/4 Performance/Results

4/29 AI 14: Top 5/4 Performance/Results

McBride, DeMarcus mentor 'Idol' singers

With this season's American Idol winner getting signed to Nashville-based Big Machine Label Group, having the contestants visit Music City only made sense.

The five remaining Idol finalists traveled to Nashville last Thursday, taking a tour of the Big Machine offices and hitting a couple of the city's renowned entertainment venues, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge and the Bluebird Café.

The singers also got coaching from some of Nashville's finest. Four-time Country Music Association female vocalist of the year Martina McBride mentored Tyanna Jones and Jax, while Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus worked with the guys — Clark Beckham, Nick Fradiani and Rayvon Owen.

It looks like at least some of the contestants will perform country songs Wednesday (Fox, 8 p.m. ET). Earlier today, iTunes posted this week's EP, which includes Fradiani singing Rascal Flatts' 2006 hit What Hurts the Most and Beckham covering Josh Turner's Your Man. And McBride will perform Over the Rainbow on Wednesday's show, too.

Sacrilege, I tell you, sacrilege.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 4/29 AI 14: Top 5/4 Performance/Results

Oh No. I just can't see Clark doing justice to I'm Your Man. And if I never hear Over the Rainbow again on one of these singing shows (regardless who sings it), it will be too soon.
    ginger2 and Cornholio like this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Russell Crowe breezes through the studio and I have no idea why.

Clark's in. No surprise.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I'm enjoying tonight so far, despite my two favorites, Quentin and Joey, being gone.

Tyanna was in the bottom 5. Now it's the second Hour of American Idol. Rayvon went first. He sang "I Need you Now" by Lady Antebellum.

If Clark doesn't win this thing I have the distinct feeling he just lost a shot with Borchetta. Stupid stupid thing for him to do. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Jax Nick final 2
    ibot2much and VAgirl79 like this.

Is there going to be a double elim coming up? Or is the finale with 3? Tonight is down to four, I am assuming next week is down to three and Ryan said finale in 2 weeks.
    CupidGuest likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fanatic

I admit to not knowing much about Martina Mcbride's music.....but was I really hearing what I heard? That rendition of Over the Rainbow was an embarrassment...I bet it took all of Harry's self control to keep a smile frozen on his face. After all theses yrs, I've still not figured out how they choose the mentors, in many cases.
    Do you think it's just all about connections and having a project to plug?

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    If Clark doesn't win this thing I have the distinct feeling he just lost a shot with Borchetta. Stupid stupid thing for him to do. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Jax Nick final 2
    I've been a big Clark fan, however, tonight he did himself no favors with Borchetta. That was foolish. Now is not the time to fight those battles. I totally get what he was saying but now is not the time.

I cannot believe that I am going to say this, but the past two or three weeks Nick has been most improved and has been best vocally. What the heck is happening?
    ibot2much and VAgirl79 like this.

Am I the only one who keeps calling him Bruschetta? I must have the cooking shows still on my mind...

Not happy with Rayvon staying. Tyanna is an incredible singer with great stage presence, while Rayvon to me is just a big snooze-fest. He is just so freaking boring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast