+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: AI 14 News and Speculation

AI 14 News and Speculation

I found this on Facebook...a new wrinkle ahead of the TV shows.

American Idol
    Yesterday at 9:10am

It's your turn to be an American Idol Judge! We're excited to announce America's Choice, where YOU vote to decide who goes to Hollywood Week! Polls are now open!

American Idol - American Idol

Voting is open only until 10/21.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: AI 14 News and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I found this on Facebook...a new wrinkle ahead of the TV shows.

American Idol
    Yesterday at 9:10am

It's your turn to be an American Idol Judge! We're excited to announce America's Choice, where YOU vote to decide who goes to Hollywood Week! Polls are now open!

American Idol - American Idol

Voting is open only until 10/21.
    That was interesting! I wonder why just 4 and why those 4? I strongly suspect they were already going to send those 4 to Hollywood, though. I can't image that they would take the chance on letting us allow someone unsuitable take a slot if slots are limited.
    Unless someone like you cares a lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.

~ Author unknown

Randy Jackson has finally decided to depart the show. Years to late if you ask me,but gone he is!!!

FORT Fogey

Got to agree....but I thought the role he played last year was far better than his being a judge. He got really old and tired in that role years ago.

FORT Fogey

Halleluia, Randy Jackson is gone!! I hope they bring Jimmy I. back as the mentor...he did a MUCH better job guiding the idols, and not simply giving great dawg feedback!

With the Dawg finally departed, Idol has found themselves a new mentor. Here she is.

A&R Executive Teresa LaBarbera Whites On How A&R Has Changed - YouTube

And here is a bit about her. She has a pretty impressive resume including discovering Beyonce & Destiny's Child when B was only 9.

Teresa LaBarbera Whites Interview - SVP A&R Columbia Records

Re: AI 14 (premieres Jan 2015) - News and Speculation

American Idol Twist! Meet the Season 14 Top 24 Now | E! Online

American Idol Twist! Meet the Season 14 Top 24 Now

by Chris Harnick Tue., Dec. 23, 2014 7:30 AM PST

American Idol YouTube

Get ready to meet the American Idol Top 24! Yes, before you see their auditions. It's an American Idol first, y'all.

The Top 24 of American Idol Season 14 did an ominous group video for "Feeling Good" and it's full of silhouettes, cliffs, hand movements and dark corners. It looks like Gracepoint up in here!

Ryan Seacrest introduces the music video below. Do you have any early favorite contestants yet? Check it out and tell us whom you're rooting for already!

This is only one of many changes coming for American Idol this year. The former ratings giant has been struggling to lure in and retain viewers in recent years. As a result, Coca-Colas has pulled those infamous red cups and will no longer be an active sponsor of the reality series.

"After 13 years, we feel it is the right time for the Coca-Cola brand to venture into new spaces and pursue other opportunities to connect with teens and leverage music as a passion point," a rep for Coke told E! News in a statement.

American Idol is also being trimmed down to one-night a week, combining its results show with its performance episode. Dancing With the Stars did something similar.

Longtime judge/mentor Randy Jackson is exiting the series, but could return in some capacity, just not in a regular role. The judges this season are Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick Jr..

Ratings for American Idol have dwindled over the last few seasons. The season 13 finale brought in just 10.5 million viewers. At its height, American Idol's finales reached audiences of more than 38 million viewers.

The two-night premiere kicks off on Wednesday, Jan. 7, at 8 p.m. and continues Thursday, Jan. 8, at 8 p.m. on Fox

______________________________ ______________________________ __________________
    To view the You Tube of the almost reveal of the Top 24, click the Ryan Secrest video link in the article.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: AI 14 (premieres Jan 7. 2015) - News and Speculation

I hope it's better this year. I like the hosts for the most part. I would like more contestants for which to cheer. I just want talented, likable performers and not just one or two that quickly leave.
    Will you accept my dancing Bachelor rose bro as an American Idol?

J'lo is still there. I am not watching, I was more than sick of the camera time she got last season, when the kids were singing...SMH!! The other two are good, she should leave

The season 13 finale brought in just 10.5 million viewers. At its height, American Idol's finales reached audiences of more than 38 million viewers.
    Wow 38 million was a lot. The #'s sure have dwindled.
    MReid likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Last season - once they got their finalists, the judges, especially Harry ( who I like and admire) started in heavily criticising and downplaying all of the contestants. This went on for maybe 3 weeks. Not only was it depressing, but frankly it came off to me as giving the air that the finalists that "they" (the judges themselves) chose simply in the long run weren't that good. I think the result was that they may have run off some viewers who began to think the contestants weren't that good. ( That is what I heard from folks on here after they listened to the judges heavily criticising the contestants week after week).

My point? I sincerely hope that either the judges choose more carefully from the pool that they are given so that right off the bat they do not feel the need to begin telling all of them they have pitch problems, etc., ( and in essence really can't sing) or else simply parlay those opinions in other ways in lesser praise, etc., so that we on here aren't so discouraged and viewers at home don't feel the need to abandon ship and go to other stations because the contestants just aren't very good ( according to what the judges are saying).

Long story short? I lay some of the diminished ratings at the feet of the judges. They made the contestants sound early on like they weren't very good, so I think viewers felt like they shouldn't waste their time on watching each week.
    jaytwo likes this.
    Unless someone like you cares a lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.

~ Author unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast