+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Top 10 Earning Idols Last Year.

Re: Top 10 Earning Idols Last Year.

Kris is currently working on album 3, if only counting post idol albums. He has been consistently touring, other than when his hand was injured after a car accident, since he won. I think he is fantastic, and he's my favorite winner, but I never expected him to be a high grossing artist. I love catching him in concert when he is near me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Ha, no Kris.

The reason he beat Adam Lambert is because there was no way in hell America would let a good old Christian white southern wife-loving all-American boy lose to a gay glam rocker, no matter who actually was better.
    And therein is the exact reason The Glambots are so reviled across the blogosphere. The season is long gone, Adam is doing well so why continue the beat down on Kris?

Kris is now in Nashville recording his next album. He is also doing well enough so there is no reason to gloat.
    ilja likes this.

Ha, no Kris.

The reason he beat Adam Lambert is because there was no way in hell America would let a good old Christian white southern wife-loving all-American boy lose to a gay glam rocker, no matter who actually was better.
    Reminds me of the Clay vs. Ruben fans of days gone by. Really doesn't matter who won and who is doing better, in my opinion. If they can manage to make enough money doing what they love so they don't have to go back to their day jobs ... they're a winner, however many records they sell.
    NCLurker and Allie like this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Philip Phillips is performing on GMA today.

Ha, no Kris.

I totally agree. In my opinion, Adam is the most talented performer ever to emerge from American Idol, and I'm glad to see him doing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I totally agree. In my opinion, Adam is the most talented performer ever to emerge from American Idol, and I'm glad to see him doing so well.
    He really is. I get to see him soon. OMG!!!
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The link below is a “leaked” document that shows booking fees for almost any musical act you might be interested in, check it out.

A leaked document from a booking agency revealed what it cost to book popular bands. Also unpopular bands. | Music | Happy Place

But since this is an Idol forum, here are the Idols I saw. I might have missed some, so don’t hold me to it.

Carrie Underwood - $400- 500k

Jennifer Hudson $200-400k

Daughtry $200-300k

Kelly Clarkson $150-300k

Fantasia $100k+

Katherine McPhee $100k

Adam Lambert $85 – 125k

Clay Aiken $85 – 100k

Phillip Phillips $65 – 85k

Kellie Pickler $60 – 80k

David Archuelleta $30 – 50k

Danny Gokey $30k

David Cook - $20 – 40k

Crystal Bowersox $10-20k

Josh Gracin $10-20k

Kris Allen $10-20k

Lee DeWyze $10-15k

Blake Lewis - $10k

Bo Bice (Band) $7.5-12.5k

Bo Bice (Solo) $3.5 – 7.5k

Not too bad for a night's "work".
    ginger2, waywyrd and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Adam Lambert. Some things I really loved on the idol stage, the best being Mad World for me. But post idol, well I'm not a fan of hyper homo-erotic
    antics on stage so the shine tarnished a bit for me. I know there's a place for it, and it's nothing new, Madonna, Gaga, Cyrus all do the same sort of thing, but it gets old quickly. I'm more of the give me a great lyric and melody type of person. I think that over everything else will endure.

That said, image isn't everything. I have been reading this week about Sia, the Aussie with the impeccable voice who has penned classics like Breathe Me, Titanium, etc. and she came on Ellen, sang her latest Chandelier, but did not reveal herself, a little girl who was in the video was on stage. I so totally get it. I love Sia, regardless of how she appears. In the past she has been criticized for not being pretty, as if that is supposed to be a measure of her singing ability. So I get why people know her music but they don't know her. The music speaks for itself.

This is my all time favorite vocal from Sia. She's in the studio very casual but just has a mind boggling beautiful vocal: Day Too Soon
    Sia - Day Too Soon - YouTube

I have never heard of Sia, and the only reason I've heard any of the songs mentioned is people singing them on competition shows. So, anyway, I checked out a few videos. Who is criticizing her for not being pretty?? Because she is. Not my favorite type of music, but do like her vocals.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I have never heard of Sia, and the only reason I've heard any of the songs mentioned is people singing them on competition shows. So, anyway, I checked out a few videos. Who is criticizing her for not being pretty?? Because she is. Not my favorite type of music, but do like her vocals.
    People mostly who just see the appearance. She's struggled a lot with self esteem, did the drug scene, etc. There's speculation although she wrote the Flo'Rida song Wild Ones she was left off and a pretty girl took her place and lip-sync'd her voice. Maybe that's how she wanted it.
    a sample of her tweets:
    Tweets of Sia Furler

and a message board
    Is It True That Sia Doesn't Want To Be in Videos Because She's "Ugly"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast