+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: American Idol 13 NEWS

FORT Fogey

Re: American Idol 13 NEWS

JLo is no better than Paula with her gushing. eh Harry may elevate the judging. I hope so, anyway. He calls it as he sees it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

As long as they get rid of all WGWGs before the live shows again, it should be fun. And let's have no Lazaro disgraces either.

I'm taking them as they come and hoping for some voices with stage presence. I don't care if they trot around with a guitar or not. I'm tired of being cynical (except where The Bachelor is concerned) and looking forward to this season with a sense of joy.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

They got rid of the WGWG last year and look how the three winners ended up. Except for the gal in third place who got a song writing contract, the other two have apparently done nothing.

I am pretty sure they won't make that mistake again---concentrating on the females and dropping the guys

I have heard they intend to concentrate on people with talent and not the other stuff, so I'm going to give it a chance. I don't care if they guitars or not, a twang or not, or whatever, I just like to watch people who can actually sing and forget the freak show.
    NCLurker, Lil Bit, Shoepie and 4 others like this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fogey

I am ready. I have burned out on the other shows that just finished. They were tooooooo long. Love that the result show will be 30 minutes.

I've been a die-hard fan through thick and thin. Last year was dreadful. I LOVE Harry and Keith (not a Jen fan) and look forward to their reported bromance. I really hope they focus on past and present contestants and we NEVER have to see Jen smear herself across the stage like a cat in heat.
    Misty8723 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Great image re :Jen-----very descriptive LOL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm taking them as they come and hoping for some voices with stage presence. I don't care if they trot around with a guitar or not. I'm tired of being cynical (except where The Bachelor is concerned) and looking forward to this season with a sense of joy.
    Same, same, same, not same, and same. I have a new attitude about the Bachelor. When I frame it as a competition for a first date, and not a wedding, it works for me. So light and fluffy and completely unserious. I need that right now

I'm over the Voice, and I gave up on the XFactor this season. Idol is still the best singing competition show ever.

As to last year's top 3, I loved them. The "energy" of the judges didn't help and detracted from the rest of the show. Good riddance to Nikki. I gave her a lot of lattitude but the girl blew it in the end. Too bad for her. I'm ok with JLo coming back so longs as the Arrowsmith guy (brain cramp on name) doesn't come back. I like him, but not as a judge.

I've always had a bit of a crush on Harry Connick Jr. ... until he was caught with a gun at an airport or something. I still like him, but just not as much. Watch old videos of him playing piano as a kid. He's actually a really talented pianist and the Louisiana blues thing is for real.

MJ's Big Blog has posted the entire schedule for this season. Looks like some format changes, a moveof the Finale to NYC & a 1 hour special devoted to Candice Glover( Woe is me)

Auditions

Wednesday, Jan. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM) Season Premiere, Part 1 – Boston, MA
    Thursday, Jan. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM) Season Premiere, Part 2 – Austin, TX
    Wednesday, Jan. 22 (8:00-10:00 PM) Detroit, MI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Thursday, Jan. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM) Atlanta, GA
    Wednesday, Jan. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM) Omaha, NE & San Francisco, CA
    Thursday, Jan. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM) The Road to Hollywood

Hollywood

Wednesday, Feb. 5 (8:00-10:00 PM) Hollywood Week, Part 1
    Thursday, Feb. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM) Hollywood Week, Part 2
    Wednesday, Feb. 12 (8:00-10:00 PM) Hollywood Week, Part 3
    Thursday, Feb. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM) The Green Mile; Semifinalists Revealed

Candice Glover Special

Tuesday, Feb. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM) Candice Glover: Up Close and Personal. Sponsored by iTunes.

Semi-finals

Wednesday, Feb. 19 (8:00-10:00 PM) Semifinalists in the Senior Division, Ages 22 & Over, Perform; Voting Begins
    Thursday, Feb. 20 (8:00-10:00 PM) Semifinalists in the Intermediate Division, Ages 18 to 21, Perform
    Wednesday, Feb. 26 (8:00-10:00 PM) Semifinalists in the Junior Division, Ages 17 & Under, Perform
    Thursday, Feb. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM) LIVE Results Show; Top 16 Revealed
    Wednesday, March 5 (8:00-10:30 PM) Top 16 Semifinalists Perform & Fast Passes Awarded LIVE
    Thursday, March 6 (8:00-10:00 PM) LIVE Results Show; Top 12 Completed

Finals

Wednesdays, beginning March 12 (8:00-10:00 PM) Finalists Perform LIVE
    Thursdays, beginning March 13 (8:00-8:30 PM) LIVE Results Show (39 minute episodes)
    Thursday, May 15 (8:00-9:00 PM) LIVE Results Show; Final 2 Revealed (500th Episode)

Finale

Tuesday, May 20 (8:00-9:00 PM) LIVE Season Finale, Part 1 – Final 2 Perform (Special Tuesday Airing)
    Wednesday, May 21 (8:00-10:00 PM) LIVE Season Finale, Part 2 – Winner Announced
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread