+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 5/8 AI 12 Top 3 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 AI 12 Top 3 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I don't think we saw "a Jennifer" while she was on the show. Her huge success was surprising. Carrie was a good singer but she learned a great deal about performing after the show....so I don't think one can say that none of these girls could be an outstanding entertainer.
    I did!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

In one of her weight commercials, the "old" Jennifer is singing and the "new" Jennifer steps out from her image. The difference between the two is such that you would not think the two images are the same person.

To return to the topic--Somebody mentioned pulling the name of the song out of a hat. I really think the contestants should be given more leeway....especially now when they did not get their own choice. Maybe all four judges should offer a choice and one or two from the production staff plus one from Jimmy so each person gets 6- 7 options and they can pick the three they want to perform.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 05-09-2013 at 12:33 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    In one of her weight commercials, the "old" Jennifer is singing and the "new" Jennifer steps out from her image. The difference between the two is such that you would not think the two images are the same person.
    Simon was sometimes downright tacky and made such a big deal about heaviness in the contestants regardless of talent. There were people who almost worshipped the ground Simon walked on and took what he said as the gospel, be all, and end all, when I thought some of it was just simply cruelty. I'm afraid Simon may have hurt some of those contestants's chances to advance in the contest by his comments although of course it didn't stop their advancement in the outside world.
    It would have been interesting to see and hear Simon up against Candice with that voice of hers and his opinion of image/weight issues. Of course we can't really predict, but he just may have met his match in Candice with her ability.
    ibot2much and MsDiva2007 like this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fanatic

I'm big Candice, fan and she is very marketable and her standing O, was well deserved alot of buzz from the media today regarding her performance last night for SomeWhere.

So tire of the weight issue for the record Queen Latifah, is very sucessful as a curvy woman in the entertainment business for years before she recently lost alot of weight also country superstar Miranda Lambert and Adele, are not a size 2, and look at their success.

Candice's size is such a non-issue for me. There are successful plus size women out there and I don't think it's a major problem anymore, though I can't speak on Candice's behalf. Perhaps Adele has helped showcase what a full figured lady can do. Actually, I think Adele looks just average size. I'm not sure why there is controversy about it, but there is.

Kelly, Carrie, Fantasia, and Jennifer all has lost weight after leaving AI. I guess you just pay people to help you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I think you misunderstood Kree. I don't think she ever said she didn't want to be country.

And as to the fiddler, his name is Ashley. He was an original member of Carrie Underwood's band & remained with her until he & his brothers won the Next Great American Band competition as The Sons Of Sylvia. I have seen him many times on tour with Carrie, but getting to see him up close & personal at he fan club party one year, when he did his solo on Wasted was just phenomenal. He completely shredded his bow strings he was getting it so hard.
    I'm kind of sorry I didn't watch the show if Ashley was on it - loved those guys on the GAB competition. Also, I love the Band Perry - which one of their songs did she sing? I guess I'll have to go see if I can find a clip to watch. No way can I sit through the whole thing on the can't FF On Demand channel.

As for Kree being country or not country, I guess the genre is so watered down these days that maybe she is. She has never sounded country to me (and I'm a fan of the genre) except on that one song - I think it was Help me Make it Through the Night? - and that was more because of the band and not her vocals. But, then, Keith Urban has never sounded country to me either.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I suspect they were shorter so there would be time for the hometown visit videos.
    you mean they can't squeeze in 12 songs and the hometown visits in two hours? Maybe if the judges would keep it brief they could.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I don't consider Kree a country singer. I see her being more blues/folk to me.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

squeeze in 12 songs
    They only had to squeeze in 9 songs ... and some comments from Jimmy
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular

"I was sitting in my living room listening to that god awful, screamy, off pitch, rendition of Somewhere"

Wow...it's amazing to me how people can watch the same thing, but hear two different things. I thought "Somewhere" was AMAZING! One of the best performances of the whole season. I find Kree SOOOO boring...personality and voice. I know lots of people like her...but I'm not getting that. Angie can at times be great. But I think Candice is by far the best of the season. Of course other things play into why people vote for who they vote for. But talent alone, my opinion is that Candice is easily the best!

But...I'm convinced they planned all along for a girl to win this year. They got rid of the really good guys before the Top 10 to guarantee a girl would win.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast