+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 5/2 AI 12 Top 4 Results (Redux) **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 5/2 AI 12 Top 4 Results (Redux) **West Coast Spoilers**

I honestly think that ANY of the ladies have the potential to have a good career post idol. Will it happen? Who knows. It will take a lot of hard work and perseverance!

Amber has had a good number of moments where she was off pitch, but I am certain all the rest have had their moments as well. That being said, Amber got standing O's when she was very definitely off, where the other standing O's were moments that were warranted for the most part. I don't dislike any of these girls. They are all young (some more than others) and I try to allow for that. AI is a pressure cooker and every single one of them take a certain amount of abuse, if not by the judges then by the public. It is a lot to take on......I know that this industry is tough, but most people who take a different route don't typically have their journey aired for all to see every single week. I know they sign on for it and it gives them huge exposure, but that doesn't mean that the public should be so ugly in their judgement, therefore I try to keep from being as harsh as some.

We all have differing taste in music and tend to hear the mistakes of those who do not appeal to us more than those who do appeal. It's human nature.

I am sure that Amber will have opportunities and I hope that she is successful in taking advantage of said opportunities. She did not appeal to me on this show, but that doesn't mean that she never would.
    Lil Bit, ilja and sparklete like this.

Has everyone fallen asleep? lol I'm a little surprised to see so few posts on this thread.

I wasn't surprised to see Amber leave, though it was quite sad. I'm curious as to why after a contestant is voted off, they show them this emotional good-bye video, say nice things about them and then put a microphone in their face and ask them to sing. Their heart is breaking, their nose if running and their voice is quivering. I recall from church how difficult is is to sing when you are fighting back tears. No wonder the girl's voice was cracking. I think it's cruel and that they shouldn't expect it from the ones going home.

I thought Amber was a great singer, but very immature. I think that hurt her. Good luck to her though. Does anyone recall if she had formal vocal lesssons prior to coming on the show?

Now the final three. I'm happy Candice and Kree are there, though they probably don't have the best chance of winning. I'm okay with that though. I totally expect Candice to really sing her butt off. I PRAY she picks the right songs.

FORT Fogey

I caught just part of David's song...seems like he changed his style---certainly looked different. Is he going country since he mentioned moving to Nashville?

The will.i.am song and costume was certainly interesting. I missed the intro to his song. Does he appear in THE GREAT GATSBY movie performing his ( I am guessing he wrote it) song?

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I caught just part of David's song...seems like he changed his style---certainly looked different. Is he going country since he mentioned moving to Nashville?

The will.i.am song and costume was certainly interesting. I missed the intro to his song. Does he appear in THE GREAT GATSBY movie performing his ( I am guessing he wrote it) song?
    How old is David? I think that once you are over a certain age, you don't fit well into a world of young pop/rock artists. Country is more open in that way. I recall that Darius Rucker went county after the success he had with Hootie and the Blow Fish. He's done quite well with his country career.

What buggered me was Ryan's intro to the show where he said four will be going home, but only three will return. Then he went into the Hometown hoopla promos making me think all four would have a hometown parade but one wouldn't return to Hollywood. It seemed to be logistically impossible and it turned out it was as he trimmed the four to three before the Hometown stuff. Bad, Ryan. Then he walked right past Haley Rheinhart after talking with someone else a few rows up. She was smiling and looking expectant and he just brushed on by her. Bad, Ryan.

I guess the"key" to a soaring Amber vocal is to keep her unemotional before singing. Poor dear was so far away from the band that even I noticed it.

What I really like about David's songs is that he adds catchy beats then off kilter beats to keep songs interesting. This looks like another one will be added to my library.

The whole evening felt like a distraction. There were three entertainers taking up a good portion of the hour; the four girls opened the show with a horrible song that didn't show off their vocals and were surrounded with singers and dancers as though to cover up bad performing. The same thing happened performance night. Then all four were in the dumps even after three of them were declared safe. They felt for Amber, but couldn't rush her at the end of the final song because Ryan had pulled her Dad from the audience to comfort her - and that threw a blanket over any post show on camera emotional outlet for them. Bad, Ryan.

It's ALL Ryan's fault.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-03-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Was that really in no particular order? I still think the ranking was 1. Angie 2. Candice 3. Kree 4. Amber

With Amber gone I think most of her votes will go to Candice. So I think we will have an Angie/Candice finale.
    Ryan made a special point of saying that it was "in no particular order".

They wouldn't want to leave us with someone/anyone hanging on by a thread.

Again ... this is why Ryan said "in no particular order".

However ... these bozos did leave the impression that Kree and Amber were B2 as evidenced by some here who didn't catch Ryan's order remark.

I can't remember a season when I was less engaged in the show and the outcome.

In Season 1 I worried that the young girlies would vote for thr curly headed guy over Kelly.

In Season 2 I was alswys so excited to hear Clay.

and so on

There was always something ... and now there isn't.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Was that really in no particular order? I still think the ranking was 1. Angie 2. Candice 3. Kree 4. Amber
    Yeah, Ryan was very careful to never use the word "bottom" when referring to Kree and Amber. I was listening: even when he asked the judges for reaction he avoided referring to them that way.

Whoever it was who was commenting on DWTS' careful language a couple of weeks ago: that's how AI does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Has everyone fallen asleep? lol I'm a little surprised to see so few posts on this thread.

I wasn't surprised to see Amber leave, though it was quite sad. I'm curious as to why after a contestant is voted off, they show them this emotional good-bye video, say nice things about them and then put a microphone in their face and ask them to sing. Their heart is breaking, their nose if running and their voice is quivering. I recall from church how difficult is is to sing when you are fighting back tears. No wonder the girl's voice was cracking. I think it's cruel and that they shouldn't expect it from the ones going home.
    It was easy to fall asleep with so much stalling going on... not even a hint of results until 42 minutes past the hour.... yawn.

Wanda Sykes did a routine a few years ago making fun of the way AI makes the booted contestant sing. Go look it up on youtube if you get the chance, it's really funny. "Yeah, you had a bad day, here's a review of your time on Idol. Now, before you go why don't you go ahead and remind America why they voted you out, okay?"
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-03-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Ryan made a special point of saying that it was "in no particular order".

They wouldn't want to leave us with someone/anyone hanging on by a thread.

Again ... this is why Ryan said "in no particular order".

However ... these bozos did leave the impression that Kree and Amber were B2 as evidenced by some here who didn't catch Ryan's order remark.

I can't remember a season when I was less engaged in the show and the outcome.

In Season 1 I worried that the young girlies would vote for thr curly headed guy over Kelly.

In Season 2 I was alswys so excited to hear Clay.

and so on

There was always something ... and now there isn't.
    I said that because, it didn't seem to be random. Last week, Angie was called first and then Kree. Angie was always called first most of the weeks. I think Ryan was just saying that to throw the viewing public off. I really think that Candice had more votes than Kree.

Amber's elimination was the right one. She made it 4th which everyone was expecting her to place. She's been over-hyped (see link below) all season but she's really not better than the other 3 contestants remaining. Her singing is not mature enough and Harry Connick Jr. saw through it unlike the judges.

‘American Idol’ Recap: Season 12 Top 4 Results (Redux) — Tearful Goodbye - TVLine
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-03-2013 at 02:52 PM.

I like Harry, but why did he perform that song last night? Very boring and not pleasant at all. What's he thinking? He's capable of more than that.

I didn't get into Will.I.Am either. Clay is still the best guest performer on AI this season, IMO.

I said that because, it didn't seem to be random. Last week, Angie was called first and then Kree. Angie was always called first most of the weeks. I think Ryan was just saying that to throw the viewing public off. I really think that Candice had more votes than Kree.

Amber's elimination was the right one. She made it 4th which everyone was expecting her to place. She's been over-hyped (see link below) all season but she's really not better than the other 3 contestants remaining. Her singing is not mature enough and Harry Connick Jr. saw through it unlike the judges.

‘American Idol’ Recap: Season 12 Top 4 Results (Redux) — Tearful Goodbye - TVLine
    I think last week Ryan called Angie first and then Candice ... but they were on opposite sides of the stage. I repeat ... I think that is how it went down and I will not go back and look.

Also, it was done this random way to have impact on people with different favorites. The producers know the (cumulative) vote counts and I believe they want to keep the total vote counts up.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast