+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 4/24 AI 12 Top 4 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/24 AI 12 Top 4 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Got to agree with lots already said here

1) How dare they stop the show to pimp Amber while it was C.'s turn up there. Unforgivable and that is the kind of thing that turned the public against the judges last year when they continuously pimped Jessica.
    MacArthur Park was terrible. JImmy said it and did he get to critique the other three on their second songs? I must have missed it if he did.

2) Angie was on fire---both performances and her duet. The girl won the night with two home runs.

3. Candice and Kree both peaked early in the show. Both are boring now...especially Kree. We wondered how she could haver lived in Nashville and not have made it in country music on her own....now we see it.

4. So the program guide spoiled Ryan's "twist" announcement? Nobody goes home. SO do you think they will combine the votes of the two shows...sort of like DWTS does at the start of their show. I can just hear Ryan's blather.....that all four girls are so talented we wanted America to have their best chance to hear their talent.......bla, bla, bla
    Last edited by ibot2much; 04-25-2013 at 10:05 AM.

It's official. I don't have a favorite on the show anymore. I was a big fan of Candice and Kree, but there song choice and lack of performance skills last night has just left me cold. If they really thought what they did was their best, then that's sad. They should be in danger. I didn't care for anything they did last night.

I like Amber more than most people, I think. Her first song was the best of the night, IMO. I detested her second song. Why someone from the show did not stop her from that fiasco is beyond me. She is too young to understand the song stinks.
    And Jimmy is right. Those judges are smoking something if they liked that crap.
    It will put Amber in the bottom two, IMO.

I am also probably the only one who does NOT like Angie. Every song she sings at the piano sound just alike. Her look into the camera annoys me and she is my least favorite, which probably means she'll win. lol At this point, I don't really care. I'm kind over it. BORING. BORING. BORING.

FORT Fogey

One huge thing to remember with Angie, Lidenfrost, were she to win Idol and the risk of crossing over into the unknown territory of Contemporary Christian Music is that prior to Carrie Underwood, no winner had treaded into Country Music, and look what an absolute storm she created!
    Simon Cowell distinctly tried to push Pop winners. I remember that clearly, but in in opinion and I had to pull for the Alabama boy, Carrie had it all the way that season.

Also, let me tell you a gentle little something, my friends who may possibly not understand about Christian kids and that industry. They listen to music to the same degree as other kids, they have money too, they buy CDs, and they shell out the money to buy those CDs and to go to the concerts just like other kids do. Kids are kids, and they are gonna have music to jive to - their music just speaks to them in different kinds of lyrics.
    In addition, young adults well into their 20s and 30s listen to this music as well, and since parents want what they consider "wholesome" music for their children to listen to, they have the Contemporary Christian music stations on the radio going on in the car, and they buy the CDs and take their kids to the concerts. Hence, there is definitely a market for an Idol winner if Angie were to win. They would swoop down upon her and consume her!

I think what Randy was trying to communicate with Candice - and I believe she understood him whether she liked it or not - is that she doesn't have to fill every song she sings chock full of runs which are typical of the Black Gospel sound which you would hear ( and BTW Southern White Christians love!) by a Black singer for her (Candice) to be effective with her powerful, exquisite voice.

They are blatantly, biasedly, unfairly pushing the absolutely beautiful Amber. Someone who tweets - which I don't - needs to point that out to them. I think fairly assessing, I would say that Amber did a wonderful job on The Power of Love, and I was waiting for them to fairly criticize "McArthur's Park". It was a bad choice for her out of all of the choices available, and I don't think it was one of her best performances either.

I simply don't know what Keith wants out of Kree. Maybe that wasn't her best song - the one where she was out in the crowd, but that girl sang her guts out with emotion (please excuse the terminology, but I want to get the point across). I don't know the song, but I could tell she was singing that one with everything in her, and I am going to give her that credit.
    At least, though, Keith is trying to critique from the angle of a successful performance angle. Nickie goes over the top, but - kudos to her - she isn't afraid every once to break away from the herd and head in a different direction. Jimmy - who has the most at stake - shoots straight from the hip.

One other point, and I am finished....I promise! I think Keith may have been a little confused on the principle behind "One Hit Wonder." It became clear to me with Amber's intro of McArthur's Park which was sung by two people was that it was only a big hit for a person who either was never heard from again or who never had another song that became a hit. Thus, "Cry Me a River" which is extremely well known and has been covered by several artists qualified for Angie and was an excellent song choice. ( I have absolutely no idea who scored a " one hit wonder" with that song, but it makes me wonder if the contestants were given a list.)
    sparklete likes this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

It's just not the same without a WGWG.
    Lil Bit and mesachick like this.

I personally liked Amber last night in her entirety. She's been my favorite for weeks and I can't understand where the "pitchy" and "arrogant" comments come from. Wasn't she the one who was lacking in confidence early in the competition? Also, is the second song Amber sang really that hated by people? I actually like that song, personally. Jimmy looked like a moron because all his comments were based on how much he hates the song, not Amber's actual performance. I didn't know this Jimmy guy before this season (last season I watched was the one Jordin won), but man I dislike him a lot.

Regarding the other ladies, Candice underperformed in her solos, but her duet with Angie was amazing. Kree has, for weeks become so boring. Her voice is amazing, no doubt about that, but she's just become so dull. She was a tiny bit more lively this week, because last week she was like the undead on that stage. As for Angie, her duet and second song were great, but me and my mother both hated her first performance. I don't even know what the heck that song was other than a jumbled, garbled mess. I can't understand why everybody liked it, but that's just me.

FORT Fogey

MacArthur Park is an ear worm for most people. The song is a joke! Why was that even on the list? That has me stumped. I loved Jimmy chiming in with what at least 75% of viewers were thinking. sheeeeeeeesh

I would like to see Angie win. She has been my favorite from early on.

I totally agree about Candice being old fashioned and I have said it too! Torch singer.

I think Kree will go home tonight. All of them will get signed by someone so it doesn't matter all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Not sure if you are joking or not LOL, but I agree 1,000%!

I am SO not caring about this season! I watched Amber last night and I thought she was actually really good. Candice came up and sang me to sleep! I didn't see the other two perform yet LOL. So no one gets eliminated tonight? No reason to watch it then - woo hoo! It's probably because the judges refused to use their save, therefore they needed a non elimination week to fill out the season.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

It is funny that AI searched for great female singers to stop the train that was the WGWG......but numbers are way down. What was it last week----reruns of The Big Bang Theory beat AI in ratings???? The reason? Those veiwers who voted for the WGWG (be it young or old females because we have heard both groups are responsible for the WGWG winners) are not watching the girls.

So yet again, AI TPTB blew it by NOT knowing their viewing audience.

Even here, faithful viewers are posting that they find the show boring. Why? No cute guys. LOL

I guess we all have our likes and dislikes of the contestants based on varying reasons. I wasn't a huge Amber fan until recently. She's growing on me.

I'm rather annoyed that it seems their song choices are so poor. Recall how Candice has been praised for having such good judgment in her song choices. Then we get last night? It makes you wonder. When Candice and Kree are so capable of blowing the roof off the place and they don't do it, it bothers me.

I think Angie is doing the best she can do. I still don't like her, but I do believe that. It has nothing to do with her Christian music slant or whatever that is. I'm not familiar with it, but it has nothing to do with my opinion of her.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Its very wrong to just decide, a girl should win, then set about to throw any guy that is good under a bus.
    I heard the ad for the show, its been 6 years since a female won AI. Okay, so maybe there were none good enough-no wonder AI has slipped, and was beaten by a repeat show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread